Since i got the A3 one of the things that really got on my tittys about the dash once i removed the OE head unit was those horrid adaptor thingys. seen here dotted in red...
i experimented to see if the dash would stay in 1 piece without the 2 screws that hold those horrid things and the center console. I been driving it for a wekk and it has not fallen out yet and seems quite solid. SO.... i set about customizing my trim so it did not have them. heres the pics so far...
and old Portable stereo battery cover was used for the plastic bits. i cut them to size..
trimmed them up
sized it up in the hole..
got both sides to fit nicely
i then plastic welded them in, with a 1mm drop between the trim and the plastic bits so i can add the filler correctly.
and the other..
and from the front this is what they look like. stronger than Arnie`s left arm!!
a generuos helping of Plastic/bumper filler
and so far this is what it looks like...
there is 2 tiny little pimples in it but after spraying they should not be seen.
Will upload the rest when i get to finish it as the wife just informed me we are going to her mothers for the weekend! lol (of most of which i will be in her dads shed finishing this!! )