Neutral

Status

Induction kit for a 1.8T

What do people recommend?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    i have a carbonio CAI. looks and sounds great. bit pricey tho so id say try ebay if i had the choice again. some are going as cheap as 70

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Smell my finger.

Status
    Generally the standard air box is fine and wont cause you any issues. However if you want noise the go for a cone or BMC etc, however there are discussions as to whether or not they are any good.

I ran a green panel filter in my stock airbox for ages and its been spot on, little bit more noise.

I've been running a cone filter set up the last couple of weeks just to see if the rumours are true...to be honest I cant tell any difference. There is an 'anti cone' debate that they just suck up hot air from the engine bay but I've not had any issues so far (but its not summer!). If and when the weather gets better and the cone causes any issues I'll lob the standard airbox back on with the panel filter in it

Oh and there was some convincing debate that BMC's etc actually restrict things a bit too.

So really its panel filter or open cone IMO.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Neutral

Status
    Ta, I was wondering about just getting a panel filter, where did you get yours from?

Smell my finger.

Status
    I think it was direct from them. If you google Green Cotton Filters it'll come up
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Previous experience of BMCs and they were atrocious. The reason for the noise was probably the amount of restriction they caused. They are pretty cheap in terms of build quality as well. Stay well clear.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    nobody likes a carbonio anymore? the noise it makes is mental!

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Is there any graphed data to say bmc are ****? at least they use real carbon fibre! ive used them for years and not had any problems, i think the quality is fine too....although they are expensive for a filter
    would you say they are **** if they were 50?

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    probably would as then it would be "get what you pay for" "Cheap = buy twice etc lol"

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    smooth out the standard airbox and get a green cotton filter. I got an extra 2bhp and 7lbft torque just from smoothing the box. Also boost held better higher up the rev range:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...moothed+airbox
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    I dont have a graph to prove but when I got my car remaped, the BMC was causing restrictions. When the kit was taken off and clean air pumped into the system the car was making more than 7bhp ontop of the already 70 odd bhp id already gained.

>>Ryan
    Cars:

Now: Audi TT Project car but looking for An S3 Project.

Past: Audi A5 3.0 V6 TDI 300BHP 481 lbft

Past: Audi S3 MTM 345BHP

TFSI Hybrid

Status

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    my mate got the carbonio for 33 off ebay the jammy ****
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold