Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7

    My S3 ran a bearing lastnite :(

    Hi All
    Is this common?
    The oil pump and turbo was replaced not to long ago. The car had a major service done about 3 weeks ago. I was using Magnatex oil before i used shell.
    Any comments.
    Stripping tonight.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhaafier View Post
    Hi All
    Is this common?
    The oil pump and turbo was replaced not to long ago. The car had a major service done about 3 weeks ago. I was using Magnatex oil before i used shell.
    Any comments.
    Stripping tonight.
    I wouldn't of called it common mate, no to be honest.

    What sort of noise did it make?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  4. #3
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    I wouldn't of called it common mate, no to be honest.

    What sort of noise did it make?
    Oil pressure light came on. I switch off. Drove again light came back on and heard i rumble and then a really loud rumble like a diesel engine lol...
    What bearings you guys recommend?

  5. #4
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    I used ACL race bearings which are cheaper than factory shells. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-1-8T-Big-...#ht_1040wt_939

    Audi factory bearings are fine, but not cheap.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  6. #5
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,021
    I used Audi bearings for mine... just make sure whatever you use are tanged as tang less bearings can spin on the journals...

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  7. #6
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    I used Audi bearings for mine... just make sure whatever you use are tanged as tang less bearings can spin on the journals...

    <tuffty/>
    Are you talking about the lip to hold the bearing

  8. #7
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    I used ACL race bearings which are cheaper than factory shells. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-1-8T-Big-...#ht_1040wt_939

    Audi factory bearings are fine, but not cheap.
    Im from South Africa.. So will see where i can source them.
    How long does the oil pump last?

  9. #8
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Hmmmmmm...... Tangy! (drum roll)

    Much more info here....

    http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/41...scription.html
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  10. #9
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    2,366
    CRAP. id do a lot of searching find out what caused the oil pressure issue.

    any clues so far?

  11. #10
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt82 View Post
    CRAP. id do a lot of searching find out what caused the oil pressure issue.

    any clues so far?
    Blocked oil pickup or bust pump are the normal culprits....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO