AUM tuning R-tech

hmmm that sounds very interesting mate...how come your selling it? and more to the point, what are you after for it :)

PM me details plz sir if you think its possible

I changed it out for a 3'' DP and decat as I got offered it cheap, and wanted to see if it made a difference as I no longer needed to worry about MOT emissions tests.

It didn't make any difference sadly! but second hand it's worth LOADS more than I paid for this 3'' decat, as I got the DP so cheap.

it's the older version of this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MILLTEK-DOWNP...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3efa0b99ac

Probably after about £150 posted for it. providing the second lambda bung can be used. Otherwise I'll bang it on a golf forum as it is at £150. I'll take a look at it/get pics in a mo....

cheers fella, very interested if the bung can be taken out..... whats the diff between the old and the new models out of curiousity

the old model had a 2.5'' downpipe which was better suited to the ko3S, and cost about £50 more as it was called the 'ultra'

THey used to offer the 3'' and the 2.5'', with the 2.5'' being the more expensive strangely.

now they only offer the 3''

my misus definately thinks the 3 inch is better mate but i'll try and turn her to a good 2.5 if its gonna work out better :)

so are you going to check if the bung can be removed or are you suggesting that i do that?

also what sort of extra power would i be looking at for this part...... just weighing up, happy to pay £150 but neighbour reckons every KO3s he's seen has sheered nuts meaning its a b**tard of a job to fit (unless your jammy and get all 4 off without a problem with hot spanners)

and how old is it plz :)

How did it go mate?

I am having some issues tieing Nick down since the required cable to do the M383 ECU got "lost", i am assuming its due to them being flat out due to staff shortages etc
So if you got done, i cannot be far behind....

How did it go mate?

I am having some issues tieing Nick down since the required cable to do the M383 ECU got "lost", i am assuming its due to them being flat out due to staff shortages etc
So if you got done, i cannot be far behind....

I believe Nick at R-tech has got the so called lost cable back, as I was waiting on him to get it so he could map my car and im going up on weds. best to give him a call

Tim, have I told you about my exhaust plans?

I'm going to be using a TDI centre section, which is teh same bore and shape as standard, but has no centre box, and costs a whopping £10.51 from eurocar parts!

I'm going to be running that with a 3'' DP/decat, straight into the standard back box to keep the sound down.

Nick at Rtech said he had done a few like that, and they all made 230ish bhp, so it can clearly flow well enough, and still sound very close to standard, at an awesome price

Nick that sounds really good mate - the concern was the 2.5" DP into the standard sizing but you've confirmed what i thought may be the case....so TDi centre section, what you gonna do about the dp to middle section size converter?

ive had one mocked up but could do with getting one fitted properly...if you know the diameter of the new section that would be helpful ;)

Tim

new TDI centre section is 2.25 mate, but it's expanded at the end to fit over the standard 2.25'' downpipe, so what you'll need is a short section that's expanded to fit over a 2.5'', then reduced down to 2.25.

okies that sounds like a plan.... so im after a standard 1.9tdi middle section for say a 2002 car?

Yup, bang on mate :)

Apparently it sounds almost totally standard, but flows perfectly! Nick said he reckoned it flowed about as well as a milltek catback!

Nick your a furklin life saver doood :) one question....how the hell did you find out about this, R tech?

Nah, I was looking under my mums old soot chucker and noticed it had no centre box, so did a bit of research, and bingo! Found a few others that have done it in the past and say it's brilliant

good work fella.... looks like this will be a temporary measure to get it mapped etc

chattin with misus today and she wants an S3 rear bumper and custom box to mimmick the S3's

any ideas on bumper fitting....does it look far out when mating to the A3 arch's?