s3 rims dont fit what gives urgent help required

they should be a straight swap shouldnt need any adaptors maybe they are s4 wheels

explain a bit more on 'they dont fit'

Is it the pcd (screw holes) or spigot size or clearace on brakes sort of thing?

Will make it easier to help you

Check the stud pattern, it should be stamped on either the face if where it connects to the hub, under the center caps or behind one of the spokes, S3 is 5X100, S4 is 5X112.

Sounds like you got 5x112 S4 Avus Ronals, if so they won't fit, even with adaptors they won't work because the offset will be too low for a A3's arches

sorry for not explaining my self,the bolt pattern dose not match up,could they be from a new s3 perhaps?
will go check what it says on rim in a sec

The part n.o 8d will be b5 a4/s4 chassis meaning they will be 5x112, you could fit them with 20mm adaptors giving a et25 which from memory of a previous thread on asn should see the wheels filling the arches real nice.

Ewan

Would ET25 not stick out a little up front on an A3? I run ET23 on my S3 and that flush with the arch

They are going to be the S4 ones, nearly made the same mistake myself when I was looking for some...

wouldnt be so bad if i had made the mistake,but it was the seller who listed in wrong,and now isnt replying to my emails:blownose:

wouldnt be so bad if i had made the mistake,but it was the seller who listed in wrong,and now isnt replying to my emails:blownose:

Cant see anything wrong with the item description dude apart from the fact that he didnt state what the pcd is, but you should of emailed him to be fair n asked, they will fit the 8p S3.

Yea but it does say S3 wheels doesnt it??

The listing states they are S3 wheels (which they aren't), not will fit an S3 so you've got a strong case for not being as asvetised.

Just a word of warning - Pay(not my)Pal will make you pay to return them before they will refund you and eBay don't give a monkeys. Best to try and sort it out with the seller first. Good luck.