Audi pricing..... A pleasant surprise.

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Just phoned up my local Audi dealer for some prices, and was pleasantly surprised for once.

I need some front ARB bushes as mine are shot and MOT time looms. Been looking about, don't want to spend the money on poly ones, just want some OEM ones.

Searched high and low on the usual, GSF, ECP, couldn't find any. Found some on the web for £16 each. No thanks.

Phoned Audi. On the shelf. £4.62 each. Sweet.

Then I asked about a front strut brace, as I want one due to my factory one (yes it did have one) going walkies before I owned it....

£62.83 plus VAT. I thought that was incredibly cheap for something like that! (Also - part number for it is 8L9 805 629A if you're interested)

Audi are in my good books today - after ripping me off for a timing chain tensioner!

the £4.62 sounds about right, but are you sure they didnt quote you for the clamp or something stupid? parts depts can attract the biggest morons going

Sounds like you got a good buy welly! Are audi still doing their free MOT's? Hows the car running now?

the £4.62 sounds about right, but are you sure they didnt quote you for the clamp or something stupid? parts depts can attract the biggest morons going

I believe this is the job post....

Can YOU chew your own elbow?

Do YOU love the taste of Windowlene?

Looking for an exciting career in ordering the WRONG part?

Come and work at YOUR local Audi!

Vorsprung Durch ******.

Sounds like you got a good buy welly! Are audi still doing their free MOT's? Hows the car running now?

I think so - but I'm always a bit sus to be honest.... The word 'Free' always rings alarm bells in my head. NOTHING is free these days....

Car is OK. I'm not saying too much though. Up to 550 now so on the home straight.

Hmm true.. They'd probably lie and say somethings wrong when its not and charge you silly money to fix it. Haha good advertisement! Print it out and stick it on the dealers glass doors!

I believe this is the job post....

Can YOU chew your own elbow?

Do YOU love the taste of Windowlene?

Looking for an exciting career in ordering the WRONG part?

Come and work at YOUR local Audi!

Vorsprung Durch ******.

can you bite you ear?

surely nothing human could do 550 miles on no boost :p

a set of poly super pros would be less than £30 which doesnt seem to bad ! i m about to buy a set to go with the R32 arb setup.