FMIC- calling all a3s/s3s with FMIC

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Can anybody show me their FMICs on ther a3s/s3s.

Id like to see how they look, where you got the piping and intercooler from.

And if youve got a behind the bumper look or a grilles out look.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Whoop whoop, my first chance to show off...... lol.

This is mine - done using S3_KEV's guide on the intercooler sticky....

Intercooler from ebay - all pipework from Forge Motorsport.

And grilles out look for me....

40.jpg

my setup off my old a3 quattro. all done by bill at badger 5. cooler was sprayed black in end, so you couldnt see it

Image0003.jpg

Image0002.jpg

Should be noted that the FMIC that Bill used was based around the Forge S3 FMIC, it was just a thicker core (80 odd mm rather than 60 odd mm IIRC)

On that basis the Forge or AH Fabrications S3 should fit but I think it sits a little higher up on the A3 due to the shape of the bumper and Bill had to trim the back of the bumper a bit so would require a little modding to fit properly if you went for one...

Should also mention that Matts A3 had a GT2871r, an S3 FMIC maybe a tad overkill on a lowly K03/K03s

<tuffty/>

ebay seat lcr kit homemade beackets tigweled on

DSC01090.jpg

Looks great, I think thats the look I want to go for.. Its not too in your face, and looks very professional.. do you have full price you apid for everything Welly?

>>Ryan

Whoop whoop, my first chance to show off...... lol.

This is mine - done using S3_KEV's guide on the intercooler sticky....

Intercooler from ebay - all pipework from Forge Motorsport.

And grilles out look for me....

40.jpg

whats the best descrete kit for the A3...the ebay ones are a bargain but not liking the pipes

whats the best descrete kit for the A3...the ebay ones are a bargain but not liking the pipes

ebay kit is the ONLY kit for the A3 that I know of currently available Tim, Jabbasport will knock one up but it'll cost around £800.

Best bet would be to get the ebay kit, and maybe a few additional bends on ebay to try and pull the pipes back a tad. I think it should be possible.....

this is my custom "all ebay parts kit" on my a3 but works great
there is prob many ways to do this, i wanted to keep all the piping out of the engine bay.
return pipe runs above the intercooler through U bracket into the intake.
i dont like to look of "vertical" intercoolers (single sided) although they are probably more suitable for a3s

a3intercooler.jpg

a3front.jpg

i dont like to look of "vertical" intercoolers (single sided) although they are probably more suitable for a3s

You mean Twin/Double Pass intercoolers?

These fit extremely well on the A3 due to the location of the TB.

BUT, and this is a big but, they aren't as good as a normal cooler. The air, as it passes through, has to make a 90 degree turn through the cooler which causes pressure imbalances. But the air does tend to be colder coming out of a twin pass cooler - as it's in there for longer.

Swings and roundabouts.

Here is one though.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370327733539#ht_1288wt_1165

Yeah, it's no different to a normal intercooler really..... It just has the pipes coming out of the bottom, rather than the side.

Thats a cool bit of kit, I like that! :icon_thumright:

cheers guys....looks like its gonna be a mock up....does the A3 kit share any pipe sizes with the S3..... still have to fit one to mine :)