Anything wrong with getting one of these?

audi_a3_turbo

Reaction score
Just wondering if it is worth buying one of these cheaper recirc valves from ebay? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/audi-a4-dv-du...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1e5ab205db
Are they as good as the Forge one? or would you not trust them?
Ive got a 1.8T (150BHP) and it has been remapped so wanted to change the standard bosh one. Ive been put off the split r valve as some people have said just to get either the baileys DV30 or the Forge 007p?
Thanks
Rob

i wouldnt have anything else other than the 007p because its tried and tested..... that said you can get the 007p for £70-£75 if you go to companies and ask them to price match...thats what i did with JBS

or if you want cheaper, just get the proper n710 thing from VW or audi fro £23

its the original part number....i ran one on my mapped S3 for ages as i refused to buy a 007p, i ended up borrowing the 007p as i had a slight jerky boost issue, the 007p did make the throttle/boost response more responsive and so i went and bought one right away...thats fater 18 months of telling people they are daft for spending all that money on a DV - just my experience

for the record i dont buy anything for this car that isnt worth buying, im well aware of the placebo effect and dont enjoy paying for sumat that doesnt do anything except change a pointless characteristic

and when i put an forge thing on my friends a3 which had a dead DV, her car still had slight compressor surge afterwards. i went over and over it looking for vac leaks. "serviced" the new dv and still had no joy. it just didnt respond quick enough to the vacuum. she sold it, got a new one from vw and everything was good in the world again.

i only think its worthwhile is youre running mega boost or want the bling, otherwise the original part functions just fine

i completely disagree, as said i dont purchase anything lightly and most will testify to that....possible that you had the wrong spring Matt???

it didnt stop the surge granted, but i felt a positive difference.... if your car is mapped then i would defo recommend

JBS will advise which spring for that car.....best bet is search the net for a cheap 007p price then ring JBS.....they are local to me so may be different for you depending where you are

but the whole point of a dump valve is to avoid compressor surge. hence i dont think theyre that smart. they dont do anything the standard one does, unless you have a very modified engine with a proper size turbo etc.

this was years ago, i cant be sure what spring it was. i think it may have been green, but i checked on their website and it was the right one for her application. it wouldnt prevent compressor surge , i just dont think the piston was sealing proeprly so wasnt using the vacuum effectively.

when i had to sort my S4 out, i put a pair of new N710s in and all has been perfect with them. not sure what boost thats on though

i think its one of the things that reducing surge mate....the N249 has a part to play as do several other bits (on ours anyay) and to my understanding..... jump in if im incorrect

i defo noticed a difference and it was enough for me to part with my cash...but them mines on a KO4, still not a 'proper' turbo but bigger than a KO3 and maybe more apparent

and when its a quarter of the price and ive had one last 115k miles, i can afford to pay twice

what benefit do you get with a forge other than bling? theres nothing so far to justify getting one other than "everyone else has one".

animal's jerky throttle response wasnt cured due to adding the new dv, the original part either had a fault or was fitted faulty... and he admits he still has compressor surge

and when its a quarter of the price and ive had one last 115k miles, i can afford to pay twice

what benefit do you get with a forge other than bling? theres nothing so far to justify getting one other than "everyone else has one".

animal's jerky throttle response wasnt cured due to adding the new dv, the original part either had a fault or was fitted faulty... and he admits he still has compressor surge

LOL, keep your hair on duder, I meant the cheapo ebay jobbie, not the OEM valve!

I've got nothing against them, but I like bling so I choose a shiny Forgy Worgy one.

Its personal pref really. I must admit I like being able to change the spring for different applications though.

Last edited:
Main reason (IMO) for replacing the OEM DV with an aftermarket DV is that they are prone to failure prob more so on 1.8t's due to their location (dunno how close they are to the exhaust components on an S4) and is more of an issue once remapped due to the increased heat generated as a result...

The OEM is capable of working perfectly well with a remapped car but as Matt suggests aftermarket is certainly a consideration for anything beyond the std turbo and boost/flow levels a larger turbo is capable of. I have this very issue which is why I will be replacing my 007p with a Forge Super Size DV...

Does mean there is a nice Forge 007p going cheap of course (one careful owner) ;P

<tuffty/>

i aaaam keeping my hair on, its only light hearted car stuff, but i dont completely beleive its worth upgrading just for the sake of it and that the OE parts do last pretty well

I have a DV for sale, see classifieds, was on my S3 working fine, but I had a 007 so fitted it ! lol