FAO Lowered S3/A3 owners

Mr.G

Reaction score
I've booked the car into Awesome for a complete suspension renewal. Including b8's, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARB's, Tie bars......etc.

My question is will it be more likely to hit things due to the lowered stance? Will i need to be careful over speed bumps....i know most of it is obvious but i'm unsure how the car will be afterwards. Looking for experience from owners who already have this setup!

Also...how does it feel once it's done??

G

without meaning to sound silly, of course you're more likely to hit things! If there car's lower, there's less clearance, so you'll hit things you didn't previously.

that said, mine is lowered 50mm, and I don't really have a problem, multi storey car parks you need to go slow down the ramps, and speed bumps you need to slow right down for, but have a bit of common sense and you'll be fine :)

Agreed... mines on -30mm so a tad lower than the H&R's you are going for... I can get over speed bumps ok (normal slowing down types rules apply) and multistories are ok bar my local one which has a silly rain channel thing on the down ramp coming off the roof parking to the lower levels that I always catch my bumper on... can't not avoid it either as the access to the carpark is from top to bottom :(

Most noteworthy mention goes to the sump... they are pretty low anyway on the S3/A3 but its those really stooooopid speed bumps that are a lump in your side of the road rather than the full width of the road and you will need to be extra wary of those as while you should clear them no probs, if you take one at speed inadvertantly then the sump is gonna be the first victim...

Again, as Prawn says... be sensible and all is good :D

Ride and handling wise you will think you have a completely different car... ride quality will be as good if not better than OEM but will feel sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better through the corners

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the replies guys.

I know most of it is common sense and not to speed over bumps etc. The curbs are low where i live, around the shopping area's etc i'd have to be careful not to bump into those either. Very useful is the above info.

I'm so excited now and the more people tell me about how the car completely changes the more excited i become lol. Sad as it is! :)

I'm just hoping it wont look stupid on standard wheels!!

G

Good choice, you wont regret it. I love the way the car feels so planted but comfortable at the same time. It's a well balanced set up that feels sooo much better than oem when driving normally and then sharpens up when pressing on.

As said above, go easy on the humps, I live in london so scraping bumps is a common occurence unless I take it slow and annoy those behind me.

17's wont look too bad, obviously 18's are better though and help close the gap between the arch just that little bit more.

Have a play with your tyre pressure as well to see what works best. I found 32F / 34R worked well for me on 17s and 34F / 36R for 18s.

Have you all got tie bars?

What ARBs are you all running?

thanks for the replies...keep em coming :)

G

I have KW Tie-bars and opted for R32 ARBs.

Are the R32 bars thicker than the Neuspeeds? 22mm Front and 19mm rears are what i've ordered!

G

I think the front R32 bar is a touch thicker than the neuspeed but the rear the same (23F and 19R).

Have you all got tie bars?

What ARBs are you all running?

thanks for the replies...keep em coming :)

G

I have KW Springs & Shocks and am running H&R ARBs and love them. I havent got Tie Bars on yet as I am waiting to see if i get any uneven wear on the rear. Looking at the car from behind the tyres are sitting pretty much square to the ground so it looks like I am one of the luckier ones who haven't suffered from massive negative camber.

Either way, good luck Maz - You will love the feel of the car afterwards!!! ;-)

Thanks for the input all!

Maz can i ask do you have a web-photo album i.e Picasa or the like where I can look at pictures of your car?

G

bar my local one which has a silly rain channel thing on the down ramp coming off the roof parking to the lower levels that I always catch my bumper on... can't not avoid it either as the access to the carpark is from top to bottom :(

Stroud I assume? Above Halfrauds?

Whoever designed that car park needs to be killed. Then killed again.

Thanks for the input all!

Maz can i ask do you have a web-photo album i.e Picasa or the like where I can look at pictures of your car?

G

I have a load of pics on photobucket but I haven't sorted them so here's a couple:

Lowered with 10mm spacers up front and 15mm at the rear.

ASN1.jpg

ASN2.jpg