Fault help please

finesse

Reaction score
Thanks to a member of the site, I was able to carry out a diagnostic check on my car when my engine light came on. These faults were found.

Any advice on how these can be sorted please?

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
P1297 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Hope it is nothing serious....

17545 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Rich
P1137 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Is the MAF the main culprit? My temp sensor is ******** so I already I have to change that
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/17545/P1137/004407

01367 - Central Locking Pump Run Time Exceeded (Likely Leak)
35-00 - -

Finally, a Haldex communication error. I can not find the code.

17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
Possible Symptoms

* Power Loss

Possible Causes

* Leaking hoses and/or pipes between components
* Check Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)

Possible Solutions

* Check hoses and/or pipes between components
* Check / Replace Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
* Check / clean Throttle Valve, do Throttle Body Alignment

Special Notes

* Did anyone fitted an extra (wrong) dump valve?

What and where are these hoses????? Help ....

From reading around, a hose is possible split or lose. Where can I find the dump valve?

Last edited:
finesse, from this and the other thread you started, it seems obvious that you have a combination of issues with the most obvious one being a hole in the turbo pipework. The wiki, which you already found, would be the first point of reference for me in this case.

I have a feeling that you are not too familiar with this car and would suggest getting hold of a maintenance manual to help you with the terminology used on this forum and the ross-tech wiki. To get an idea of the location or part number for something like a diverter valve, look at the http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/au/A3/ site, as this will give you nice diagrams to look at and find the part that is being mentioned in the wiki.

Hope this helps.

Going by your other thread, and the split you have found, I would suggest checking all your rubber vacuum hoses in the same area, and under the inlet manifold, which is a job I have to do myself, as I'm losing boost somewhere, and have a lumpy idle. I am not getting any fault codes like you, but that is where I would start. Look for any splits and clean the pipes out as they can get full of emulsified oil, and this can stop the non return valves from working, allowing boost to pass. Fix any problems found, then reset your fault codes and try again. You could possibly clean your MAF aswell, to see if that makes a difference. You will need a Torx fitting to undo it (one with 5 legs, not 6), and some alcohol spray to clean it. Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350308778483&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT