LED High Level Brake Lights

mike_plymouth

Reaction score
Has any body replaced the high level brake lights with LED's from the regular 286 size bulbs? im sick of replacing one at a time at £1.79 a pop when you can get a pack of 10 LEDs from ebay for about 6quid. If anyone has replaced then are they recommended or are they no diff to just having regular bulbs?
Iv been looking at these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x-T5-286-1...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item335a708c2a

apparently theres a part number to look out for...im guessing your purchasing those jobbies from Halfrauds, had the same issue with my old T plate..... replace them all at once with the cheaper alternatives - where from? someone will be along shortly :)

Yea the £1.79 ones are from halfords, just thought for 6quid i can get a pack of 10 from ebay (link above) and due to them being LED's they should be brighter?? Just wondered if anyone had changed theirs as am looking at doing the old LED licence plate bulbs too.

Hi all, i got a pack of 10 LED's for the high level brake light, they dont work at all. The bulbs light but because the LED is a single cell it points straight at the red lense, side by side the regular bulbs are about 3- 4 times brighter, i wouldnt recommend doing this unless u have a multi cell LED which will then illuminate the chrome backing.