5hr REVO TRIAL- 2 QUIRIES

pazaz

Reaction score
WOW!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Had a Revo trial on Sat and loving every hour of it.. Cant belive the differance its amazing!

However I have two small quiries.

When accelerating at about 80 mph there seems to be a few small flat spots and then you can really feel the car pulling.. Is this normal and what is it?

Also i noticed after 3hrs of driving it hard that there are small spots of oil on my rear bumper. Is this a bad sign or has anybody else noticed this?

Anyway.. cant wait to get the Full Monty done!!!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

1st maybe be the inlet hose, what revs?
2nd are you sure that someone has not been backed up to you and then started an old oily engine?

r these trials safe etc, i mean iv herd stories of the data messin the ECU up when it reverts, how much r they etc.

Afaik the trails are safe.. I've not heard of any stories of it messing up the ECU afterwares, and I think at least someone would have posted on here if it messed up their ECU.

The trial is free and lasts I think as the title suggests 5 hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Its only available ( again Afaik) on the DBW cars.

Ive also heard stories of them not reverting completely back to standard after the trial! I know AmD couldn't offer the one-click device to people who had been revo'd but thats all I know.

Worth investigating!
Rich.

My Motas just reverted back to standard after 5Hr 30 Mins of the free trial.

There seems to be no probs with the way its running now, appart from the fact it now feels as if it wouldnt pull the skin of a rice pudding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Cant wait to get the perminant fix done, sooner the better i say! and would highly reccommend it to any S3 owner. Its a MUST! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Ive been quoted £500 + vat.

Whats everybody else paid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif is this a bit steep?

Revo is the same price everywhere due to franchise,full program is even better,trial is slightly toned down.Taffy are you coming to AMD on saturday for the rolling road day.Me,Rich,Gareth and Chris are going up together from s.wales.Cheers Andy

[ QUOTE ]
Taffy said:
My Motas just reverted back to standard after 5Hr 30 Mins of the free trial.

There seems to be no probs with the way its running now, appart from the fact it now feels as if it wouldnt pull the skin of a rice pudding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Cant wait to get the perminant fix done, sooner the better i say! and would highly reccommend it to any S3 owner. Its a MUST! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Ive been quoted £500 + vat.

Whats everybody else paid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif is this a bit steep?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying this is the case with your car but on some cars the trial does not revert your car back to standard but simply caps the boost to make it feel that way. This happened on few cars AmD were asked to look at by manufacturers. If you come to the RR day it would be easy to check.

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:

Taffy its a week on Sat! The 23rd...Can you make this date?

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry Rich ,i get confused it must be my age /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

I had the REVO 5hr trail today and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW! I definitely going to pay the £586 for the full program as BIGSBOYSTOYS said the trail only gives 80/85% of the full performance upgrade.

Just been flicking through this post, to answer the trial back to standard question. What some times happens is when people have the trial done they give the car a bit of a right foot workout.

The ECU will hold back on certain parameters so as not to over boost etc. So for example may only let you run 95% of the boost available. When the ECU returns back to standard it may still only be letting you have 95% boost, hence feeling a bit slower than standard.

if you have any more queries on the trials or want an explaination from a REVO professional email Kev.Hall@revotechnik.com , i'm sure he will be more than happy to help.

And Taffy, hope it's still all going well!!

do you have to re "remap" a revo'd car if you change something....just say like for a performance exhaust??? Or will it adapt to give the extra bhp....if any?

Thanks YOGi

If remapping should the air hose intake be upgraded to one of the samco items. I have seen topics about the orignal collapsing under high revs. Also I have heard that an upgrated D valve helps, is this true?

No you dont need a new map for something like a cat back exhaust on a TT/S3 as there is basically no performance increase, sport cats the same too.

Downpipe may be different perhaps

You also dont absolutely 'need' to fit the Samco inlet pipe - it was supposed to be the older cars with this problem - its never actually affected my car but its a bit of a lottery.

DVs are a weak point though, again not absolutely necessary but probably more likely than the need for a Samco hose. The dv can go on standard cars as well as chipped.

Dunc

I bought a Forge Motorsport DV after I had remapped. This can be easily taken appart and greased to service it now and again. Cost about £80.00 I think.

I am not aware that you have to re map a Revo'd the car if you change something, it will adapt to the increased BHP . Maybe Grantos or sombody else on here can answer your questions better?

Not had any troubles with my hoses yet, however I am aware that the one in the front really balloons when reved hard.

Forge Motorsport CL007P's are about the most common DV's I've seen on 1.8T's. We sell loads of them. As Taffy said they are fully servicable and don't give any problems like the OE ones.

Hose problems seemed to be more common on SEAT's TBH. I've had a few blow off on Cupra R's. I normally double clamp them after a remap just to be safe. The Audi ones seem to be ok with regards to blowing off for whatever reason. But again we do sell a great deal of TIP's.