whats the diameter of the standard exhaust?

Ryanc

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know the diameter of the standard s3 exhaust after the cat?

from the cat it is 65.37mm to the first box then 65.37mm going down to 60.27mm just before the rear box, audi have my milltec and the rest of my car at the mo (now 7 days to change two door locks) when i get it back i'll check and post

Thanks mate ,not too shabby for a standard pipe 2.5".I bet the miltek is v.similar.Biggest off the shelf exhaust i've seen is 70mm or 2.75".Shows why the exhaust upgrade doesn't make a great deal of difference.Interested to know the size of the miltek now!!

Thing is Ryan, have you seen the std system when it passes under the diff? Its all cruched to f**k! Bottle neck or what!

Here what you are saying about no gains with a new exhaust. Need to be from the turbo back to make any difference in my opinion. Std dp's are rubbish.

RyanC - Not where turbos are concerned. Turbos make the torque, so resticting them is reducing the torque they produce. Turbos ideally don't want an exhaust at all, but that's just not practical.

ScotSTHREE - Thank you very much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am indeed S3'd, Revo'd and 3"d from the turbo to the rear silencer, which is a modified Magnex rear box to stop it creating back pressure. I never had a cat as I made the whole exhaust system myself but no, I'm not running one. I would just buy or make a bypass section and swap it over at MOT time if I did though. I haven't had it RR'd yet, but when I do I'll let you know.

Cheers