A3 1.8 20V Turbo conversion can anypne help??

maxa

Reaction score
hi everyone im a new member but i have posessed an A3 for almost a year now nd i love it!!!

the only problem is that I lobve the car but have got boared with its 125BHP and want to make it push over 150BHP is this possible and does anyone have any advice on turbos, intercoolers etc that should be used? My friend has a 1.8T and i just cant keep up as he is running over 200BHP.

I have looked about getting a 1.8T but as the price difference is about 5k there must be a cheaper option!!!!!

i have only got 70k on my clock and thats good as it a P reg!!!

please help me out guys/ gals

max alexander

Possible .. finacially sensible no. Question has been asked a fair few times before and basically its just no worth it as you'll have to change so much of the engine that you'll be far better buying a T-Sport instead.

Out of interest, how much more would it cost (engine wise mods) to upgrade a non turbo'd 1.8 A3 with the same parts that Rich did to get up to his level? If you started out with a cheaper car plus the upgrades, would the ultimate total cost be that much more? Just playing Devil Advocate, I guess it would still be a few K more personally.