Facelift Grill

steve555

Audi newbie
Reaction score
I expect this has been covered somewhere, but all i can find is for pre-facelifts.

I really like the look of the de-chromed grills.

To remove the chrome surround on a facelift (03) 8L is it just the same unclip method? as the surround is deeper.

Many thanks

Steve

I think it is mate, just give it a pull and hope it doesnt break :)

I'd HIGHLY recommend taking the bumper off to take the surround off.

Today I tried to remove it by just levering it off and it snapped, then I took the bumper off which only took half an hour (mostly looking for tools) and then you can do the job properly!

if your careful enough you should be able to do it without taking the bumper of, just take your time with it and should be all good :icon_thumright:

I whipped mine out in a jiffy with the cunning use of a flat, spatula-like thing. Just work gently around the edges and don't just pull it from one side.
I did break one of the clips when I got a bit over enthusiatic, but I just re-fitted the surround (now body colour) and it's :icon_thumright:.

Cheers people, i'll get brave and give it a go then. I bought a grill from ebay but its for a pre-facelift, so i may practice with that first

Thanks again

im selling my de-chromed a3 facelift grill if any one needs to replace theres , check it out in the ebay links!

i removed mine with a flat screw driver. just be gentle.. its not rocket science dude :)