Will this fit my head unit?

The picture shown is not the right adapter, but it could just be a mistake on the web site. The lead you need is this:
http://www.ktduk.com/product/blaupunkt_4_channel_pre-amp_out_rca_adapter_lead/
But you will have a solid black 21 pin connector on your car so in order to plug in this 6 pin connector to get the front & rear RCA's you will have to disconnect the whole connector, which will lose the CD changer if you have one and the DIS feed.

i dont have an external cd changer anywhere as it has the 6 disc changin built in, will i still loose that? and also wots the DIS feed?

Thanks Andy!

No you only lose the external changer feed (which you don't have anyway).
The DIS feed is the feed to the Driver Information System, tells you what radio station you are on if your driving is so poor that can't look at the HU without crashing!
More importantly this is also the CANBUS feed on 01+ models, so your HU will not switch on/off with the ignition.
There are ways round the problem, you can use a pass through connector or buy a pin extractor and remove the wires from the adaptor to the main Audi black connector.
Far easier to forget the adapter and pick up the feeds from the rear/sub amp in the boot, or the Bose amp connector if you have Bose. Depends what amp you are installing. If it's just for a subwoofer then you can pick all the feeds up from the sub connector in the boot with no loss of DIS/CANBUS and no need to remove the HU either. This is what I do when installing my stealth sub solution.
If you are upgrading everything, i.e. new amp to drive all speakers and sub then using the passthru adapter is the best bet:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-iPOD-ISO...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item414ce41e50

This is designed for an iPOD adapter via CD changer input, but will also work for RCA output by sliding off the yellow connector and sliding on the RCA adapter detailed above.

Last edited: