problems with my new S3.....

S3 SAF

Reaction score
Hi people,

I got another S3 not too long ago but have had a bundle of problems all together!
I did a px deal with the previous owner who is also on the forum.
The cars a 8L with revo stage 2, decat, modified downpipe, milltek exhuast, and intake and wrong size wheels 215/35/18 on a 8.5j.

Firstly as soon as i bought the car i drove out the car park, first and second gear went dead.... so i drove home 70 miles without first and second.
anyway replaced gearbox and clutch took the car for a spin relising that the quottro aint working either as its just spinning out all the time. so ive gone back to the garage and they had the car up, 'all four wheels in the air' i jumped in and drove it while it was up, and all four wheels are spinning! but with no esp light on! now im confused as before i drove it we had a look at the diff and the earth strap was corroded and snapped off with a little pull.
So all four wheels where spinning without earth strap!

So now im thinking I need to plug the car to vagcom as it takes way too long to warm up, possibly thermostat.
As my 3rd S3 its by far the worst on fuel too.
Anyway all input will be most appretiated.

Saf

Last edited:
lol... also need to change my sig! havent posted for a while...

ive already bought a diff with the unit on it so i think ill just change it over instead of messing about with this one.