Standard speakers cr*p!

AudiiduA

Reaction score
The speakers in my A3 have no bass at all, well not much, is there a direct replacement i can fit to improve sound quality?
Cheers fellas!:icon_thumright:

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/rainbow-c...dline-2-way-component-system-max-120watt.html

i got these in mine, there expensive but they sound the nuts. i have harman/kardon amps with Kef and Mordaunt-Short speakers in my house and those rainbow easy keep up with my ££££ systems in my house.

Quality with power all day long over a special name like Bose!! over rated like B&O. ya paying for the name, dont fall for it!

EDIT: I didnt say bose were Sh!t b4 i get slated, they just very over priced/rated for what they sound like. your simply paying for the tiny technology and hours of research on how they can make a 2" speaker sound like a 8"!! cleaver but pointles unless your very materialistic and have a fat wallet!

Last edited:
Yup, i've got some Rainbows in my mk2 golf, they sound awesome!

EDIT: I didnt say bose were Sh!t b4 i get slated, they just very over priced/rated for what they sound like. your simply paying for the tiny technology and hours of research on how they can make a 2" speaker sound like a 8"!! cleaver but pointles unless your very materialistic and have a fat wallet!

well theres no point beating round the bush, I has BOSE, and it is utter crap IMO. The speakers in my vivaro sound alot better, and the acoustics in the van are shocking. I dont think you have to spend loads on speakers, you can get alright sony/jbl ones, just dont expect massive bass from normal speaks, a sub will be required.

its al about having the right tools for the job imo. if you want bass, buy subs, if you want the clarity to go with it, buy decent components and amp them accordingly. a decent head unit is obvious. Call me a chav or what ya like, my car sounds stunning, everyone loves it. i cant live without music, i cant stand crap quality!

and i can still fit the pushchair and shopping in the boot!!

its all about personal prefrance. Some peoples ears can hear 20 to 20, some cant. it all depends on what sort of music you listen to as well.

I have BOSE in my A3 and its not all that, it sounds very average,....not crap by a long way but not as good as you would expect.....saying that its 10 years old after all.

I'm a bit of a hifi geek when it comes to my stuff at home so it was a bit of a let down when I got the A3. I would ***** a load of money on it and change things around but the cash isnt there for that...if it doesnt make it go, stop or handle better I'll leave it. I can listen to glorious sound in my lounge..the cars for driving ;)

A lad at works just got an E46 M3 with the posh stereo upgrade in it....oooof that sounds nice (I prefer the sound of the engien though!)

I have BOSE in my A3 and its not all that, it sounds very average,....not crap by a long way but not as good as you would expect.....saying that its 10 years old after all.

I'm a bit of a hifi geek when it comes to my stuff at home so it was a bit of a let down when I got the A3. I would ***** a load of money on it and change things around but the cash isnt there for that...if it doesnt make it go, stop or handle better I'll leave it. I can listen to glorious sound in my lounge..the cars for driving ;)

A lad at works just got an E46 M3 with the posh stereo upgrade in it....oooof that sounds nice (I prefer the sound of the engien though!)

i could not agree more tom. like you im a bit of a home entertainment geek, Had it drummed into me by my old man, "boy, seperates is the only way to own a stereo!!" since before i even owned a car i had amps and subs etc ready for when i was driving!! I treated my scoob to brand new stuffs last year & already had it for the Audi. just had **** comps as the speakers were different size. Cant beat a good bass massage tho, and the women......i mean wife loves it! lol

Well i've just bought myself a set of mackie studio monitors, there awesome!

mackie are great, i have a mackie mixer, thing has been to many gigs, and has witnessed many mash ups and partys and its still as good as the day i got it!! i have never heard there speakers.... i will have to have a butchers. are the flat for producing or monitors for mixing?