AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

steamy windows (jojo please read)

is it just my car or what?
    my windows seem to steam up at the slightest hint of moisture and it really does my head in, constantly driving around with the blowers on the windscreen, if i turn them off sooner or later (depending on weather) they will start to remist

is it a sign of window seals on the way out maybe?
    which if it is then il put up with it, not replacing all the seals lol

ive read up in the detailing section that rubbing lynx shower gel (yes thats right, im not lying!) on the inside of the windows will stop the misting up, jojo you had good results with this yes? did you just use a small amount?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

Status
    lynx is wicked stuff!! put it on your mirrors in the bathroom to stop them steaming up when your having a shave in the shower!!

little off topic but i thought i would share that with you all! lol

Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPINE View Post
    lynx is wicked stuff!! put it on your mirrors in the bathroom to stop them steaming up when your having a shave in the shower!!

little off topic but i thought i would share that with you all! lol
    ive heard that its also useful for cleansing the body of dirt and nasty odours, seems a little crazy to me though lol

Missing the S3

Status
    Warning! the use of lynx shower gel on your car could cause women to chase after you whilst driving, or have your hair change style at any given moment whilst driving.

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Best advice I can give is that the windscreen is dirty.

Polish the windscreen with Auto Glym Glass Polish. This helps to prevent build up.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post
    ive heard that its also useful for cleansing the body of dirt and nasty odours, seems a little crazy to me though lol

surley not??

Quote Originally Posted by mk1chopper View Post
    Warning! the use of lynx shower gel on your car could cause women to chase after you whilst driving, or have your hair change style at any given moment whilst driving.
    lol mite try that! dont tell the wife tho!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1chopper View Post
    the women chasing me down the road would be awesome, wouldnt matter if they were ugly ones either cause i could just slap on the anchors and BOOM, bye bye munters

Quote Originally Posted by JD09 View Post
    Best advice I can give is that the windscreen is dirty.

Polish the windscreen with Auto Glym Glass Polish. This helps to prevent build up.
    ahh, nice suggestion mate, i havent cleaned the interior for a while and the last time i did i didnt do the glass

Status
    Main reason for windows becoming streaky and steaming up more than usual is dirt and grime. Something like more dust particles for the water droplets to stick to, God knows, but it works. Mine rarely steams up, only when it's peeing down and I've just been to the gym!

6th Gear

Status
    I read on another forum that a broken case for the pollen filter was the cause of constantly misted windows / front windscreen. The cracked casing was allowing water to get into the cabin which resulted in steamy windows...

Link: http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204337

HTH,
    Imteyaz.

Status
    the women chasing me down the road would be awesome, wouldnt matter if they were ugly ones either cause i could just slap on the anchors and BOOM, bye bye munters

pmsl... you made coffee go up my nose! lol

S3 Drift King!

Status

ive read up in the detailing section that rubbing lynx shower gel (yes thats right, im not lying!) on the inside of the windows will stop the misting up, jojo you had good results with this yes? did you just use a small amount?
    You called? Yes, I tried the Lynx gel, it only bloody works! For my S3 though, I have CC, the windows never steams up in that, not long enough to stay there anyways. I needed a fix for my 1995 Toyota Rav4 with no A/C, and it's still clear, that single window, not got round to doing the rest, it's too darn cold! As for how much I used, just a pea size amount for one window, lathered it up on the window, as it was a bit moist from the condensation, then buff off... this takes a few attempts, as the lynx lathers up quite a bit, then job done.

As for the window being dirty, no it wasn't, I RainX'd all my glass on the inside with no effect, Lynx gel FTW! ... you also get the feeling of being in the shower for a few days in the car before the musk of the lynx gel disappears! lol

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status
    Rain X isn't a cleaner; it's a wax Which is why 50% of people that use it find it doesn't work and "smears".

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Rain X isn't a cleaner; it's a wax Which is why 50% of people that use it find it doesn't work and "smears".
    I cleaned my windows before I applied it.

Status
    But you still had issues, right? It amazes me how varried people's experiences have been with that product. Spoke to a guy on detailing world at a car meet who swore by it. Another guy overheard, came over and told us about a near miss due to it cocking up his windscreen's visibility!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    But you still had issues, right? It amazes me how varried people's experiences have been with that product. Spoke to a guy on detailing world at a car meet who swore by it. Another guy overheard, came over and told us about a near miss due to it cocking up his windscreen's visibility!
    I've not had issues with using RainX, not for what it was intended for anyways, which is to keep the external windscreen clear and to allow for water to bead off. I just tried to use it on the interior to reduce condensation, and it doesn't work.

It only cocks up your visibilty, if you don't buff it up properly with a wet cloth once it dries to a residue.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You called? Yes, I tried the Lynx gel, it only bloody works! For my S3 though, I have CC, the windows never steams up in that, not long enough to stay there anyways. I needed a fix for my 1995 Toyota Rav4 with no A/C, and it's still clear, that single window, not got round to doing the rest, it's too darn cold! As for how much I used, just a pea size amount for one window, lathered it up on the window, as it was a bit moist from the condensation, then buff off... this takes a few attempts, as the lynx lathers up quite a bit, then job done.

As for the window being dirty, no it wasn't, I RainX'd all my glass on the inside with no effect, Lynx gel FTW! ... you also get the feeling of being in the shower for a few days in the car before the musk of the lynx gel disappears! lol
    sweet, cheers matey
    im going to try just cleaning the inside of the windows first as i said before they aint been done for a while, and then go from there, if its still misting up then it shower gel time lol

my neighbour is gonna think ive totally lost it putting shower gel on my windows
    also, who ever suggested about the pollen filter holder thingy, nice idea but i changed my pollen filter not long ago and the frame was intact, and i made double sure it was seated properly when i replaced it, but thanks anyway

Ross_S4

Status
    Rain X also do a differnet product from the exterior beading one.
    can;t remember what it is called but it is by the same people and is for interior demisting.
    think it is for window interiors and motorcycle helmet visors etc.

Ross_S4

Status

Smell my finger.

Status
    So rainx for the outside...lynx for the inside.

Only one more question....Africa or Java?
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

1st Gear

Status
    steamy windows aye what have u been getting up to in your car
    Audi 1.8t quattro
    Mods :Evo 8 ralliart carbon fiber mud flaps ,forge 007p,k&n appolo cold air feed filter, ko4 turbo by backdraft that fits on ko3 mani
    will go big turbo soon though

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    So rainx for the outside...lynx for the inside.

Only one more question....Africa or Java?
    Africa.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bansheeboyo View Post
    steamy windows aye what have u been getting up to in your car

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    I use rain x on a regular basis now, did read that it wasnt too good when used with aero wipers, so was quite hesitant, however in the recent bad weather i thought id give it a go and its amazing, when on the motorway and its raining, its good enough to not even use the wipers, it just rolls off.

I have been using rain x for the past 10+ years and have to say im very pleased with it.

There is also an additive that you can put in the screen wash, but im not too keen on this as dont want it to block up my jets.