Volks AutosBadger5
    8L > 8P > 8V

Status

Cheap mods on a 1.6, and pictures of A3 w/ new alloys not lowered?

Has anyone got any pictures of their A3's with new alloys, but not lowered? I can get new alloys on my car but if I lower it, the premium goes up which I can't stomach as I'm paying loads already. I'm not sure which wheels to go for on my Crystal Blue A3, maybe the RS4 mk2 alloys or maybe LM reps.

Also, any ideas on cheap mods for a 1.6. Not looking for performance as it'll be like polishing a turd but I was thinking about some new alloys if it won't look like a 4x4, and maybe pressed plates. Already de-badged it and got a stubby aerial. Might colour code the bumpers but I don't have any space to do it right now.

Thanks
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Won't changing the wheels potentially bump it up too or are they happy with that?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

Status
    de-chrome ya grill buddy

Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    The wheels don't affect the premium they said so it's fine. I guess I'll want 17" as it won't look right with 18" and not lowered?

I'll look into de-chroming the grill, should look good without the chrome.
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

Status
    take off your chrome, rub down and spray it matey simples!

Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

Smell my finger.

Status
    18's on a non lowered A3 look gash...I should know as I did it for about a week when I was waiting to get my car lowered.

17's on standard springs buddy otherwise it'll look like a monster truck.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    Will 17" look dodgy aswell do you reckon? Too small? If they're not going to look pretty decent then I probably won't bother as I don't want to get a set of alloys and think it looks crap 'cos it's not lowered.
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

Smell my finger.

Status
    What do you have at the moment?.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    The standard 15" ones.
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

Smell my finger.

Status
    Ah I see.

If I were you I'd look at something in a 17", such as Audi TT Comps or some S3 Avus rims. Failing that you could look at some 16" 1.8T Sport rims, they're peanuts second hand but look nice and OEM.

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    I like the S3 Avus', but I'm really keen on some LM (reps). I think it'll definitely be 17s though, as I don't want to pay the extra premium to lower my car. Not so keen on the 16" Sports as they're not a massive improvement on the ones I've got now IMO, but as you said, they are much cheaper than LM reps or S3s.
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST