Just bought

he who dares

Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals,

Just picked up a 2001 S3 210 yesterday...luvly motor...have just sold my 300zx as wanted a good alrounder and this motor is the nuts!

One thing in the boot, in the right hand panel there is a red ring pull....anyone know what this is?

Also is it common for the headlight washers to stop working?

Cheers
Dan

Dont know what the red ring pull is but its common for the motors to pack up for the headlamp washers! i had to replace this on my S4!
Welcome too!:icon_thumright:

Red ring pull? not got that in mine. Just to check you have got the headlamps on when you try to wash them, they only work when your lights are on and will activate after a couple of seconds of holding on the front screen wash on.

you know what im gonna take a photo of it...i did try and pull it last night but didnt seem to do anything...the passenger seat didnt shoot out the sunroof ;)

Yep had the headlights on, but the little flaps just dont shoot out the bumper...one of them feels loose too but i can force it open easily so have just left em

Also is the steering fairly heavy on these cars? Feels heavier than my Z and that had 235's on the front?

Will feel heavy, your 300zx was rwd so no drive shafts going to the steering wheels (unless it was the model with rear wheel steer)

it releases the lock on the fuel filler cover, just in case it gets stuck. The Fuel flap locks when you lock the car, if the lock doesnt unlock when you unlock the car then you can just pull that little red ring.

I'm going to check my boot now, was it a facelift upgrade as i dont think i've seen it in the handbook for my pre facelift?

Headlamp washers are pressure fed on the S3 and only operate after a few seconds of holding the washers down... hold the stalk back a little while and they should work....

<tuffty/>

cheers lads....interesting about the ring pull....yeah the Z had rear wheel steering too, guess just need to get used to it like anything else really!

Yep ive held the washers done for a while and nothing. no biggie tho will get looked at on the next service

dont all 300zx`s have rear wheels steering?? (sideways baby!) is that not the whole point of a RWD car.......to steer from the rear!! and have shares in dunlop!

yep they all use the hicas system but are very twitchy, a lot of people rip it out to be honest....think the 4wd skylines use it too

dont all 300zx`s have rear wheels steering?? (sideways baby!) is that not the whole point of a RWD car.......to steer from the rear!! and have shares in dunlop!

lol, im not sure if your joking. Not all RWD cars are rear wheel steer. Think preludes have it too?

I love 300's, there pretty wicked but getting on now. Had the chance to own one a little while back but decided against it, think it was a short wheel base one?

steering is definately heavier than alot of cars.

yeah the swb are pretty rare i had uk twin turbo, luvly motor but an absolute money pit!

Untitled-6copy.jpg

pic7.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

pic2.jpg

surprisingly doesnt feel too bad, i thought it would, but they do shift nicely the S3's dont they....but the whole feel of the car is much better, the 300 was running about 350brake but the handling was pretty shocking more of a straighliner and was very loud...where as the Audi is more subtle but still great fun seems a good all rounder to me.

rear wheel drive and 4 wheel steer is probably a better way of putting it, although the rear wheels dont turn in that much. My brother had an auto import twin turbo, had uprated suspension and handled well although i never drove it so i can only take his word for it. He fitted the 99 spec front bumber and had full cream leather replacing the horrible grey tweed panels. was running about 300bhp its acceleration at speed was great.

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg