so what to do to the car today?

joshhatton

Reaction score
so i have a day of work, and im planning on doing somthing to the 1.8t

its already clean and has just had her service.

so what can i do today??

Smash the baffle out of the inside of it. Not hard to do, takes a bit of time and whacking, but it just smashes up.

Makes SURE you THOROUGHLY clean the bits out of the charge pipe afterwards.

You also have to cut a bit of the lip off, only like 2mm, but yeh you will be surprised how hard you need to hit it. Best bet is to remove the pipe, cut the lip then have an argument with the misses then smash the baffles out lol.

Can you get new decals for the charge pipe? (the picture of a hand)

Lol at having an argument with the missus. That works for the gym as well!

So, undo jubilee clips, take pipe off, smash out like a home made decat and we're there? And presume it's metal, so things like Autosol and Super resin will polish it up a treat?

The silver pipe that is to the left of your engine with the "do not touch" hand sticker on it.

edit; the vertical pipe in the picture;

254526-finished.JPG

I'll have my charge pipe off later so will photie the inside with the baffle removed then for you all who are interested....

cheers well will have a go on sunday, does it make much difference im taking it u can just hear the turbo a bit more is it noticable?

Spot on welly, thanks.

No worries dude, here it is. Sadly I haven't got a before picture - but this is the ultimate aim.

desilenced_chargepipe.jpg

cheers well will have a go on sunday, does it make much difference im taking it u can just hear the turbo a bit more is it noticable?

I think mine went a little better to be honest - but possibly the placebo effect. Makes much more noise though! :)

bam and agu lumps (ie 150/180 and the 210/225 lumps) have differnet pipe lay outs

bam and agu lumps (ie 150/180 and the 210/225 lumps) have differnet pipe lay outs

Yep, a normal T Sport 180/150 WILL NOT have this pipe. You have a pipe which runs across the back of the engine, then down into the pancake pipe and off from there.