another BT question..??

SteveBAM

Black '03 S3
Reaction score
I've been doing some research lately on a BT upgrade for my S3, and i read somewhere that a GT2871r would work fine on a stock chipped motor...
is that true?
i am asking because I'm thinking of going with that turbo, and because i will be taking my transmission off for a needed clutch upgrade(its slipping) i thought i might as well install the turbo with the manifold at the same time and run the car like that till i get to upgrading my internals.. i know it will be risky and i will have to avoid high boost and power while doing this, but i am very curious in finding out if the car will work fine???

thanks

erm no... you heard wrong mate.... soz... A GT2871r isn't a bolt on mod in any respect...

<tuffty/>

no i don't mean bolt on, but with a manifold and remap...

To fit a GT2871r you would need mani (top mount or under slung), custom DP, custom TIP, larger injectors, inline fuel pump, rods and would need custom mapping (stage 3).

BT can be done on a budget (I know, I've done it) but there are things you cannot skimp on as they are required to make the engine run right. You can get away with some stuff as I have but as I have found out, going BT does require a little bit of work...

<tuffty/>

if i were you mate id save the money so you can do it all in one foul swoop

not just turbo/manifold, its all the supporting mods that MUST go with it

no point doing a bt upgrade half heartedly as it will bite you in the ***

ok i understand what you guys are saying and i know that its not the right way to go. i was just thinking if something like this would work so i could avoid taking apart my engine twice.. and by saying that i meant installing a gt2871r with a manifold, DP, exhaust and just keeping my current remap-intercooler-injectors and ect. and running at low boost. i know that would be very risky but i was just wondering if anyone had tried it..:icon_thumright:

tufty ive had a read throught your build thread,
if i was to go for something on the same lines as you have gt30 etc and everything that is needed what sort of price would it cost? plus full labor costs as im a rookie.
quite interested in getting it done around may as im out the country at the mo.

tufty ive had a read throught your build thread,
if i was to go for something on the same lines as you have gt30 etc and everything that is needed what sort of price would it cost? plus full labor costs as im a rookie.
quite interested in getting it done around may as im out the country at the mo.

Best bet is to drop Bill at Badger 5 a PM (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/member.php?4263-badger5) and he will give you the low down... I can't really remember how much I have spent as I have bought bits as I went along...

Certainly cheaper if you are spannering yourself but difficult as there is quite a bit of fabrication involved which would mean Bill needs the car at his place to do the work...

<tuffty/>