should my car have a boot/door open warning light?

Usually built into the DIS if you have it... S3's come with a DIS as std but some A3's it was an option IIRC...

<tuffty/>

yeh i got dis... when i changed boot catch i noticed some little sensor/switch which looked a little corroded (as was boot catch). since then i been wondering what its for. do you have a "door locked" light too? as i had to lock my car from inside to keep boot closed. (before i fixed catch) On ignition i notice a orange warning light. a little car with a key going through it. thinking the sensor/switch thingy in the boot catch could be related??

I don't have somethig on my dis, mines an a3 1.8t 1998

Mine has one but it doesn't work when the boot light decides not to work. Common problem is the rear wash leaks into the boot catch and stops it working. Does your boot light work?

yep boot light works.. AHHHHH thats what that little switch mite be in the boot catch??? seems a strange place to put it??

And yes, when i got the car the rear wiper washer did not work. the boot catch was mullerd to, so replaced that and cleaned up the damamge the water caused. Still dont bloddy work tho!!! lol

ok cool.. still wanna know what the F**k that switch sensor thinky is!! its petty but annoying me!!!

My car has door/boot open warnings on the DIS so pre facelift cars can have them.

Hmm tom, you got me on one again! lol maybe next time (for what ever reason) you take your tailgate trim off again, you could unplug your sensor and see if you door warning light works!! :)