EM TuningJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5th Gear

Status

Fan Style Washer Jet Upgrade / Aero Wiper Blades

I have been looking at a thread on updating the jet type washer jets to the newer fan type washers on A4's
    has anyone tried this on a 8L A3/S3

If so do you know which models Audi VW we would need to get the jets from

Secondly does anyone know if there are any direct fit genuine replacements for the wiper arms to enable the use of genuine aero blades?

on my A4 we used passat b5.5 arms

cheers

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ross_S4

Status
    Arm and blade part numbers here.
    Amazing what a quick search shows you...

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry
    I was not clear in my original post I mean FRONT wiper arms

cheers

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

Ross_S4

Status
    Yep, if you read that thread you will find ALL part numbers for all three arms and blades. two fronts and the back.

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    i have wanted to do the fan type washers for ages be good if we get an out come here

6th Gear

Status
    I looked at the MK4 Golf fan-style washer jets and they seem to attach to the underneath trailing edge of the bonnet as opposed to the plastic panel near the wipers, would be interesting to see how the A4's are attached and if this is easily 'do-able', watching this post with interest......
    Imteyaz.

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for the help guys

here is the compiled list of part numbers and vehicles they are from if anyone else fancies ordering them

My VW garage would not entertain me unless I could tell them the vehicle details

The front arms/blades are from a Mk4 Golf
    front arms:
    W1J2 955 410 D
    W1J2 955 409 D
    front blades:
    W1J2 955 425 B
    W1J2 955 426 B
    front wiper arm cap X2:
    W1J0 955 205 A9 B9

The rear arm is from a Polo (9n)
    The rear wiper is from a Touran
    rear arm:
    W6Q6 955 707 C
    rear arm cap:
    W6Q6 955 435 D
    rear blade:
    W7E0 955 425

2001 S3 (AMK)

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status

Smell my finger.

Status
    My GF's TT has fan washer jets on it, I'll have a look in a couple of days and see if there's a part no on them.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Status
    New TT or old?

Smell my finger.

Status
    Mk1 TT Roadster.

From memory they're attached to the scuttle too so might be able to get them onto an A3/S3.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

5th Gear

Status
    The A4 jets are on the under side of the bonnet so not going to fit the S3
    looking for other options now

2001 S3 (AMK)

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    My GF's TT has fan washer jets on it, I'll have a look in a couple of days and see if there's a part no on them.
    do you mind being guinne PIG here (no pun intended officer ) how about see if the missus tt washer jets fit your a3 scuttle if so could you possibly get part numbers for them?? you'd be a massive star

Neutral

Status
    I do agree ^^^ as i have wanted to do this for ages...

6th Gear

Status
    Well, according to ETKA, the Audi TT Roadster (2003) washer jets (heated) part number is: 8N0 955 986C (15+fat) each.

According to Elsawin they are attached to the plenum chamber cover like A3/S3's, now we need our resident guinea pig (A3Tom) to nick the ones attached to his girlfriends TT and check that they will fit (and also check that the part number I have is the right one as I can only find one part number, maybe all TT's have fan type washer jet's?).

Come on Tom, we're all waiting on you now

Imteyaz.

Smell my finger.

Status
    ...leave it with me guys!

Status
    Good lad!

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks mate

2001 S3 (AMK)

5th Gear

Status
    I have ordered some heated TT fan jets so will have a look when they arrive

2001 S3 (AMK)

Smell my finger.

Status
    I should be near her car tomorrow so I'll be checking then for you gents.

T

TDi? Liberties!

Status
    Halfords sell the wide water dispersal washer jet kit for peanuts... I could try that route... but they are not heated.

EDIT:

Forgot to add: Retro fit Aero wiper Blades A3/S3 8L1/ Got these from GSF they didn't have a rear one... but they do exist

Proof lol:

Last edited by 9099; 26th February 2010 at 18:48.
    2001 A3 1.9tdi 130pd (Aka "Osama Bin Diesel") 130bhp 310NM = PMSL
    Done:

EGR switched off using vag.com. Full no expenses spared service. Refurb Gearbox, new clutch/flywheel.
    In the works:
    Mk II TT Steering wheel (No Airbag), vag.com switchable 3 stage map. Big brake kit. Hybrid turbo.

5th Gear

Status
    Been havin a look at the photos on the linked post and noticed the wiper arms are a lot straighter than the s3 ones.
    I have a retifitted aero wiper set on my a4 which I beleive came from a newer model passat. When I get chance (in middle of a house move) I may try these onto the s3 for fit.
    Or had anyone else already tried this and can save me the bother?

2001 S3 (AMK)

Hulk Smash!

Status
    Any news on the TT fan style washers?.
    Im keeping a keen eye on this, as mine are aweful.

Smell my finger.

Status
    She's coming over later on, think I've been roped into cleaning her car tomorrow so I'll have a good nose at them then for you.

5th Gear

Status
    Got and fitted the polo rear arm and blade. Took 3 minutes including fighting to free the old arm.
    Worth every second. Big improvement on both looks and performance.

2001 S3 (AMK)

TDi? Liberties!

Status
    Pictures? (Or it didn't happen) lol
    Done:

EGR switched off using vag.com. Full no expenses spared service. Refurb Gearbox, new clutch/flywheel.
    In the works:
    Mk II TT Steering wheel (No Airbag), vag.com switchable 3 stage map. Big brake kit. Hybrid turbo.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 9099 View Post
    Pictures? (Or it didn't happen) lol
    Of what mate?

2001 S3 (AMK)

Hulk Smash!

Status
    Got my front aero wipers and arms on today... they are awesome!!.
    Just need to do the rear when funds allow.
    Also, i was working on a fabia VRS, with fan style washers... they looked identical to the s3's, but the owner wouldnt let me try

Smell my finger.

Status
    Looked at the GF's and they look the same as mine on the A3, so in theory they should fit but dont qupte me on that!.

Hulk Smash!

Status
    We need definate answers.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-TT-Heated...item4a9ef43bf3

somebody do it.

1st Gear

Status
    Off you go then =)

Audi A3 1.8T | Ming Blue | Tan Leather | Aero Wipers | Neeeeed $$$$$$$

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    brought, need a new scuttle pannel when i get my car sprayed so got nothing to lose with trying to fit these washer jets other then the 20 they cost

Hulk Smash!

Status
    Good Man!!
    keep us updated.

6th Gear

Status
    still trying to figure out what these are ?
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

5th Gear

Status
    Update. The passat ones as fitted to the A4 do not fit

2001 S3 (AMK)

1st Gear

Status
    any luck yet?
    Audi S3: BAM 225 Standard =]

| Cupra Splitter | Forge 007P | KnN Panel | 40mm Koni's | Custom Tie's | HEL Lines |

TDi? Liberties!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by g60leigh View Post
    Of what mate?

The newly intalled rear wiper arm. ;-)

I am/was in a jokey mood. Sounds like you took that pretty serious?

On another note, why is eveybody insistant on the wiper arm conversion when you can buy Aero wipers already for the A3/S3? If anything, why would you want to go to all that effort to have the same effect as the ones designed for the car? I am confused.
    Last edited by 9099; 6th March 2010 at 14:57.
    Done:

In the works:

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    Because the arms are different. Aero blades on non-aero arms look pants IMO.
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 9099 View Post
    The newly intalled rear wiper arm. ;-)

I am/was in a jokey mood. Sounds like you took that pretty serious?
    No mate just curious to what you were referring to

2001 S3 (AMK)

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    washer jets arrived friday, on 1st look they dont look correct but i will no by this time next week when i have a chance to work on my car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast