Fan Style Washer Jet Upgrade / Aero Wiper Blades

TT washer jets update.
the jets are the same plug fitting and fit the pipework. need trimming to fit into the scuttle and bonding in place.
I have trimmed mine and trial installed them. all looks good but think I may need to extend the wiring to the N/S one.
need time to bond them into the scuttle next as they want to spring back out, any suggestions for an instant grab strong adhesive so bond it straight down?

Any pics dude? It would help with giving you ideas on how to keep them in place.

I normally use windscreen black sealant as it has good 'grab' but it still takes a few hours to cure, maybe something like that would help?

Ok just finished and WOW, well impressed with the improvement the fan jets provide.
I used q-bond to get them set

How it was done:
Removed the old spray jets and used one of the wiring looms to extend one of the TT ones
Trimmed the base of the TT jets to fit into the scuttle opening on the S3
Fed wiring through connected and connected hose
Lined up and bonded the TT jets to the Scuttle (had to raise the edge closest to the windscreen to get it to spray where I wanted it)
added some of the q-bond filler powder and glued it up the fill the gaps and add strength

just need to tidy up some of the over glue and filler but need my dremmel back first to do a good job of it.
:rockwoot:

That Q-bonds good stuff eh'.
Try and get some pics/ a video up of them.

Pre clean up pictures
Pic's:
4bc184d4.jpg

c377ac29.jpg

826d2908.jpg

d655f2b1.jpg

Trimmed the base of the TT jets to fit into the scuttle opening on the S3
Fed wiring through connected and connected hose
Lined up and bonded the TT jets to the Scuttle (had to raise the edge closest to the windscreen to get it to spray where I wanted it)
added some of the q-bond filler powder and glued it up the fill the gaps and add strength
:rockwoot:

Quick question: I thought that the jets could be adjusted by using a flat headed screwdriver on the barrell shaped part where there is a slot, thereby not needing it to be raised? Or did it run out of adjustment and require raising?

lost a lot of the adjustment when trimming (with hacksaw) did not want to get spray where I wanted it

Not able to get a decent photo of the spray pattern - sorry

*cough* *cough* bump *cough*

pictures or videos of the installed TT jet spray would be awesome ;)

BUMP! The washer jets used in this mod, what was the part number? I've found 8J0955987G, but I think that's for the 2009 TT, so I don't know if they're applicable.

tuffty, when you say you extended the wiring, is that a simple job? Noob here, as you may have realised. And with the different angle of hose fitting, what did you actually have to do to get it working?

tuffty, when you say you extended the wiring, is that a simple job? Noob here, as you may have realised. And with the different angle of hose fitting, what did you actually have to do to get it working?

I cut the longer wiring loom off the original washer and soldered it to one of the TT jets... the solution for altering the angle is in the post mate... out the box they are too close to the scuttle panel to get the hose on so I used a heat gun to soften the end of the jet using a 3mm drill to prevent it collapsing as I carefully bent it back... this gave enough clearance to get the washer hose on

<tuffty/>

Thanks a lot. Pretty obvious solution to the loom problem! Not that I thought of it at all.

I did see the modification to the angle in the post, but needed a full description because I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing. Again, thank you very much.