Volks AutosBadger5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5th Gear

Status
    TT washer jets update.
    the jets are the same plug fitting and fit the pipework. need trimming to fit into the scuttle and bonding in place.
    I have trimmed mine and trial installed them. all looks good but think I may need to extend the wiring to the N/S one.
    need time to bond them into the scuttle next as they want to spring back out, any suggestions for an instant grab strong adhesive so bond it straight down?

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Any pics dude? It would help with giving you ideas on how to keep them in place.

I normally use windscreen black sealant as it has good 'grab' but it still takes a few hours to cure, maybe something like that would help?
    Imteyaz.

Hulk Smash!

Status
    I have various plastic adhesives here.
    Q-bond is awesome stuff, plus instant cure time. http://www.alexshanks.com/index.php?...tm_medium=base

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by csweatherston View Post
    I have various plastic adhesives here.
    Q-bond is awesome stuff, plus instant cure time. http://www.alexshanks.com/index.php?...tm_medium=base
    just ordered some q-bond so will see how it goes
    sorry no pictures yet was in a rush to get on (In middle of moving house too )

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

5th Gear

Status
    Ok just finished and WOW, well impressed with the improvement the fan jets provide.
    I used q-bond to get them set

How it was done:
    Removed the old spray jets and used one of the wiring looms to extend one of the TT ones
    Trimmed the base of the TT jets to fit into the scuttle opening on the S3
    Fed wiring through connected and connected hose
    Lined up and bonded the TT jets to the Scuttle (had to raise the edge closest to the windscreen to get it to spray where I wanted it)
    added some of the q-bond filler powder and glued it up the fill the gaps and add strength

just need to tidy up some of the over glue and filler but need my dremmel back first to do a good job of it.

2001 S3 (AMK)

Hulk Smash!

Status
    That Q-bonds good stuff eh'.
    Try and get some pics/ a video up of them.

5th Gear

Status
    Pre clean up pictures
    Pic's:

2001 S3 (AMK)

Drive it like you stole it

Status
    Show us the fans!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by g60leigh View Post
    Trimmed the base of the TT jets to fit into the scuttle opening on the S3
    Fed wiring through connected and connected hose
    Lined up and bonded the TT jets to the Scuttle (had to raise the edge closest to the windscreen to get it to spray where I wanted it)
    added some of the q-bond filler powder and glued it up the fill the gaps and add strength
    Quick question: I thought that the jets could be adjusted by using a flat headed screwdriver on the barrell shaped part where there is a slot, thereby not needing it to be raised? Or did it run out of adjustment and require raising?
    Imteyaz.

5th Gear

Status
    lost a lot of the adjustment when trimming (with hacksaw) did not want to get spray where I wanted it

Not able to get a decent photo of the spray pattern - sorry

2001 S3 (AMK)

Reverse Gear

Status
    *cough* *cough* bump *cough*

pictures or videos of the installed TT jet spray would be awesome

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Pictures have gone

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

come fly with me

Status
    What an anti climax! where are the pics!?
    <Jay A3 build thread>

241bhp K03s - R Tech

1st Gear

Status
    BUMP! The washer jets used in this mod, what was the part number? I've found 8J0955987G, but I think that's for the 2009 TT, so I don't know if they're applicable.

1st Gear

Status
    These might be what are required:

AUDI TT MK1 8N 98-06 QUATTRO SCREEN WASH JETS WASHER NOZZLES 8N0955986C #AZ34 | eBay

Please let me know, someone!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    8N0 955 986 C is correct...

Pics and stuff about half way down this post...
    My minor modding thread

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    As always, tuffty, you're the boss. Thanks a lot!

1st Gear

Status
    tuffty, when you say you extended the wiring, is that a simple job? Noob here, as you may have realised. And with the different angle of hose fitting, what did you actually have to do to get it working?

Thanks

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtychinchilla View Post
    tuffty, when you say you extended the wiring, is that a simple job? Noob here, as you may have realised. And with the different angle of hose fitting, what did you actually have to do to get it working?

Thanks
    I cut the longer wiring loom off the original washer and soldered it to one of the TT jets... the solution for altering the angle is in the post mate... out the box they are too close to the scuttle panel to get the hose on so I used a heat gun to soften the end of the jet using a 3mm drill to prevent it collapsing as I carefully bent it back... this gave enough clearance to get the washer hose on

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks a lot. Pretty obvious solution to the loom problem! Not that I thought of it at all.

I did see the modification to the angle in the post, but needed a full description because I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing. Again, thank you very much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12