Are these normal??

OllieH

Reaction score
Getting these fault codes up all the time in Vagcom.

2 Faults Found:
01539 - Headlights Not Adjusted
35-00 - -
00774 - Level Control System Sensor; Left Rear (G76)
31-00 - Open or Short to Ground

The Ross Tech site lists a possible cause being aftermarket suspension installed. I have the B8's and H&R springs fitted. Should I be looking into this or is it normal with aftermarket suspension. Anyone else got the same?

I'm also getting these:

2 Faults Found:
00878 - Connection to Speaker Front Left
36-00 - Open Circuit
00879 - Connection to Speaker Front Right
36-00 - Open Circuit

Can't say I've noticed the front speakers not working, but will have to check. MIL light not lighting for any of these. Any help appreciated.

For your G76 sensor fault - Scoot under the nearside rear corner and check the sensor is plugged in. If it is, look at the sensor linkage and also at the top of the linkage check the plastic arm on the sensor itself. If the lower suspension arm comes down too far it can break the plastic arm of the sensor (i.e.e when fitting aftermarket suspension). The sensors are pretty cheap if it is broken, part number is 4B0907503.
I had to replace mine when I first got the car, it's a piece of p*ss.

ok, thanks, so it should still work even when aftermarket suspension has been fitted. It's just a case of it can get broke when fitting etc.

It can definately get broken during suspension work, as to whether it will still work with your setup - not too sure to be honest.
The sensor has a set range of operation, like it can only work across a set angle. Not sure how the new suspension affects it, mine is standard.

Ok, cheers Ross, will have a look at it at some point. May see if it can be modded to work with the lowered suspension. Need to find my vacuum/boost leak first though!