Help understanding VAG-COm logs

Effect

Reaction score
I dont hvae the logs to hand but a couple of runs provided me with a max MAF reading of ~180g/s @ ~6000RPM

Looking through the forum it appears this is a figure for a standard car.

Mine is a 210 remapped with custom code, i reckon i should be seeing between 200 and 210 g/s

Does this mean my MAF has gone or could it be something else.

I also logged the LAMBDA which remained at -6.3 and the figure didnt change, is this normal as it doesnt appear to be to me.
The car has done 118000 now so the MAF could possibly need replacing
I did get a CEL for 16804 which is to do with the engine running rich and I know this fault has been logged before.

Any help appreciated
James

have you unplugged the maf sensor as suggested in a few threads on ere.that should show if there was a fault with it.your right about the figures 210g/s.which custom codes dealer did you go.the only reason im asking is my friend has custom codes on his lcr and his never hit full engine load, which should be 192.7.ended taking it back the the main head quarters, were they found out the soft ware was really old

hmmm you maf could be reading wrong, that or your losing post MAF air, causing the system to run rich. There are lots of recents posts about this. Does seem more likely rather than chucking money at MAFs etc

It was remapped by JBS actually so it should be up to date software.
I did unplug the MAF but i was using my bro's lappy and had given it back to him by then so i couldnt log anything, although it didnt feel any different.

you have'nt logged lambda you have logged 032 fuel trims fella, and its pulling fuel out from the post...
tired MAF be thinks - usually is

you have'nt logged lambda you have logged 032 fuel trims fella, and its pulling fuel out from the post...

Badger5, would a tired MAF not show an improvement when unplugged temporarily? My understanding that a easy test for a tired/duff MAF was to just umplug and see if its better performance wise. I have a similar problem myself and unplugging the MAF made no difference to how the car drove.

How long do genuine MAFs last normally ?
I think this one is about 2 years old now.

I did take it out earlier to clean it, but it looked squeaky clean so I just put it back.