Bilstein's are they really worth the extra?

Dansmith

Reaction score
as the title of the post says are the B8's really worth the extra money? are they that much better than say the KW kits which are both shocks and springs for less!

I was wondering this myself.
I reckon it'll be hard to get a proper answer though - people who have B8s will say "yes, they're worth the extra", people who have KW's always seem very happy with that set-up... anyone had both?..

I was wondering this myself.
I reckon it'll be hard to get a proper answer though - people who have B8s will say "yes, they're worth the extra", people who have KW's always seem very happy with that set-up... anyone had both?..

:iagree: I love my set-up! The fact that I got a nearly new set, with springs and tie bars for the price of a new set of Bilstein dampers, was a bonus :) Can't fault the ride with the set-up... I do wish I got a stiffer rear ARB though.

We sell both and I'd say yes they are worth the extra.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Have you had any feed back on the ap lowering springs also? like the sound of the drop on them and the looks of the price! I'm guessing you guys are willing to do a deal if im buying springs, shocks and tie arms?

i fitted my bilstein shocks and lowering spring yesterday the car looks and handles much better i dropped it 35m i too happy all it needs is some wheel spacers now

they are also bilstein as well ill get some pics up for you tomorrow looks good

Nice, im getting billies just deciding what i can afford, cant do all at once, just too much! hear good things so im expecting a noticeable improvement.
Id always wonderif i went for a cheaper alternative what i was missing, i think getting billies you know you have the best you can have!

I had bilstein dampers fitted to my s3 2 weeks ago. I have to say they are superb. Still a very comfortable ride at slow speeds but feels really planted when you start to push a little. Would also recommend the rear tie bars.
ARBs next on the cards for me.

I would say the dampers have been the best mod i have done so far.

Fit the Bilsteins and your car will feel like new, one of the best mods for an S3.

I also fitted R32 arbs front and rear at the same time.

Dont forget the rear tie bar as mentioned above.

Have you had any feed back on the ap lowering springs also? like the sound of the drop on them and the looks of the price! I'm guessing you guys are willing to do a deal if im buying springs, shocks and tie arms?

Yeah we've had good feedback on the AP spring range.

I'm sure we can do something for you.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I had bilstein dampers fitted to my s3 2 weeks ago. I have to say they are superb. Still a very comfortable ride at slow speeds but feels really planted when you start to push a little. Would also recommend the rear tie bars.

I would say the dampers have been the best mod i have done so far.

Which rear tie bars did you go for?

:iagree:I had B8's fitted with eibach springs at Vagtech on Saturday and they are spot on I didnt go for aftermarket rear tie bars or arbs just yet and the set up is still brilliant. Nice and comfy at low speeds whilst being sharp and precise when pushing it.

Bilsteins B8s, -20mm springs, Neuspeed ARBs and adjustable TCAS = One happy bunny

here you go not that good quality though as they were taken in the rain on my lunch break but there it is

DSCN0265.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

that sounds nice pat i bet your happy and maz how much did you pay for the r32 arbs that is next on my list and rear tie bar
cheers haglos

lol i know man as soon as i done it i took a step back and said to my mate its in need off spacers ill invest in some

that sounds nice pat i bet your happy and maz how much did you pay for the r32 arbs that is next on my list and rear tie bar
cheers haglos

I got the R32 arbs for £205 back in 2008.