T cut, Auto Glym, and diamondbrite (pic heavy)

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
SDC10874.jpg

SDC10883.jpg

SDC10875.jpg

SDC10887.jpg

SDC10886.jpg

oops, bottle fell over.... note the clean bits on me mates car!! lol
SDC10884.jpg

SDC10879.jpg

SDC10861.jpg

boot shut, door shuts inner wings all got the treatment
SDC10863.jpg

heres some reflection pics...

this is off the rear qtr panel
SDC10862.jpg

SDC10858.jpg

SDC10880.jpg

SDC10873.jpg

SDC10866-1.jpg

As you can tell im really chuffed with the results. Considdering the car was never polished by my mate (previous owner) and the paint was full of blemish`s and matty bits. Happy bunny :)

nice mate u've done a good job:thumbsup:

Very nice mate, you have done a great job of that, some excellent reflective pics there.

Noooooo :( T Cut is like acid to paint. It takes off so much, it is only a good product for returning CDs back to their unscratched origins!

But aside from that, very nice.

lol JD... if u would of seen the paint before you would see why i used it! i will be going for a full re-spray in the next 18 months or so if my plans come together! :happy:

if those plans come together..... :drool:

Looking good there, but dont use that T cut again now the paints clear :)

could get even better results if you use dodo juice on top of what you have done already i spent ages trying to get my car like it is now then i found dodo juice its awsome stuff, good job though

{ACTIVATING DR ZOIDBERG VOICE}

dodo..... what isssss???

{DE-ACTIVATING DR ZIODBERG VOICE}

Dodo Juice is excellent stuff :)

I use Diamond Whit hard wax and then Red Mist over the top :) They do colour specific waxes and they're first rate. Not a durable as some others such a collinite but they perform better.

http://www.dodojuice.com/

Its great stuff, give it a go if you have the pennies. I was unsure about spending £40 on a pot of wax but 12 months on its not even 1/3rd used :)

the car does not warrant that sort of attention to detail atm. Tho my pictures dont show it there are alot of mini dents and scuffs round the car from the previous owners. only owning the car comming up 2 months now im slowly getting round all the bodges and faults. Engine and Running gear first obviously. Has had all new pads and discs all round. Full service etc. Near side arches have light scuffs on them (looks like someones miss judged a small gap) and me mate decided to kiss a bench in the nearside front. Tail gate has a tiny dink in it (hardly seeable) and the rear bumper has a 2p size hole in the near side and split paint near the number plate. Noticed whilst polishing it yesterday the paint in the bonnet has tiny rivits in the paint. (almost like mini pot holes) you can only see them close up but still annoying. Cosmeticly, i has not been looked after i dont think. To most it would look mint, but to people like us who see every tiny little wrongen its far from perfect! Hoping to get a full spray and some custom naughty bits made from my scooby pals at ABW :eyebrows: but thats a long way off yet!! House, kids and wife come first!

Yep Dodo Juice is great stuff I use Blue Velvet hard wax on my car and red mist over the top - in the summer, and Werkstatt Acrylic kit - for winter protection both I cant recommend highly enough!

Cheers Matt

nice wax job rook!!

i myself havent got the patience or the will to clean my car (a sin i know) but my mate does detailing and he has it one day every month for a proper clean and i use a roadside hand carwash in between time, cars are to be driven not cleaned imo :)

shame you dont have any before pics, looks good tho mines the same colour and is pretty swirled up, dunno if i would put t-cut on my car tho. lovey job though:icon_thumright:

***Cough, Dodo is a fad that people are jumping on without realising there are much better waxes out there for the money Cough***

***Cough, Dodo is a fad that people are jumping on without realising there are much better waxes out there for the money Cough***

What wax would you recomend for around £40 then mate?

shame you dont have any before pics, looks good tho mines the same colour and is pretty swirled up, dunno if i would put t-cut on my car tho. lovey job though:icon_thumright:

here u go..

SP_A0005.jpg

SP_A0004.jpg

SP_A0006.jpg

this was the car about a month ago. not very good pics but trust me the paint is shaT

There's a few detailing sites around (and thread on this forum), AG's HD wax seems to be pretty good value for money. A good job in the pics above, I hope you didn't reuse those cloths on the floor! Next time use a clay bar before polishing too, incredible how much cr@p you take off after you think you've cleaned it properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
What wax would you recomend for around £40 then mate?

Personally? Swisswax Onyx. http://www.swissvax.co.uk/products/wax-products.asp Fantastic wax.

Waxes and sealents are a very personal thing I find. If you have one bad experience while applying or removing, you are likely to be put off that wax for good. There is such a vast range out there, ranging from £15 to £1000's. Other options are Zymol Carbon, P21s (also known as R222 due to marketing in Europe, God knows why, it's ****** confusing) and Victoria Waxes.

I used Natty's Blue on my Clio for years, but purely because I had the time as a student to reapply every other week. It looked great, but boy did it not last long!

Cheers mate, yeah I did have a look at swisswax but alot of people on detailingworld seem to apply their products with their hands (something I would not have a clue how to do ie how much to use)
As you say it's about what experiences you have with different products and so far I love using blue velvet.
Might buy some swisswax in the summer ant see how I get on!

Cheers Matt

No worries Matt.

Application with your hands is . . . a preference. Yes, it uses less wax (if you are working in Microns). Yes, it is actually ****** good fun (don't do it with Dodo Blue Velvet, boss was not happy when I turned up to work on Monday morning looking like a Smurf!!). But is it necessary? Definitely not.

I've worked my way through a few waxes and I'll still stick by the Dodo.

Collinite is my winter choice of wax as its so ****** durable but it doesnt bring out the flake in my paint like the dodo does. Hard work getting it off though IMO.

AG HD - tried that and didnt like it....considering the colli is half the price it ****** rings around it.

P21 - couldnt get on with that either, didnt seem to last more than about a week without needing another layer. Nice and easy to get on and off.

I find the dodo is a good compromise of durabilty and finish :)

As for applying by hand....my neighbours already think I'm odd for washing my car all the time...they'll go over the edge if I start rubbing it all over with my hands too!. (those little yellow appliator pads are the best I find...nice and even).

T