Help with wires to headunit.....(ANDY MAC)????

mdoyle69

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hey folks...

Having a bit of trouble with fitting my headunit. I have wired up the pos and neg to the battery but it still wasnt working...so i joined the ignition switch wire (off the headunit loom) to the permenant feed from the battery and it worked!!!!

My question is.....in the audi wiring where the f*(k is the ignition on wire??? I tried every wire in the picture but none of them worked!!!

Urgent advice needed!!!!

BTW....when i have completed my system i will post pics.
(fitting the alpine IVA D300R dvd screen with amp and 2x 12" subs in the boot!!!!)
cant wait till its done!!!

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TAKEN THE STEREO OUT OR THE RELEVANT FUSE FROM YOUR FUSE BOX!

Because the ignition wire on the HU I also attached to the power it maintains a current drain even when the car is off- battery will go flat if left overnight etc

The only solution given by the local ice dealer was to run a custom ignition wire from the fuse box which he said would be easy and take less than an hour to do.

Some later models don't have an ignition on feed at all. They use the CAN-BUS (digital data line) to tell the HU when the ignition is on (just to make it extra tricky to install a decent HU).
The post below explains the workaround: No ignition on?

thanks guys....

your advice is very much appreciated.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif