Did all pre facelift A3's have front fogs?

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning my facelift lights for my car but I'm a bit stumped...

I know what lights to buy
I know how to mod the harness
I know how to fit them

The only problem is my front fogs are in the main headlight clusters and not in the lower front bumper like the face lift cars.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to try and track down a facelift lower portion of the front bumper and buy some fogs to stick in there?. I was going to run without them but I couldnt cope with having a switch I knew did nothing!.

This is looking pricey now :(

these will be the fog lamps you will need, there are 2 types, these with the larger/ longer glass part and the others which have a lot less glass: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190374017069&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I got my lower grill and fog lamp surrounds from the dealer direct. It wasnt that expensive for the grill (lower half of the bumper) it was the surrounds that cost the most but again u can find these on ebay again.

Hope that helps

Are these something you have added to yours then, if so how did you go about wiring them up from the pre facelift wiring?.

Thanks for the link its bookmarked :)

well iv fitted the lower bumper and fog surrounds, ordered the lights and was sent the wrong ones, hense i know these will not fit, no matter how much i tried, sent them back and asked for the right ones but only got a refund. so for the past year iv been meaning to get the right lamps and fit them but never got round to it so it looks like iv got 2 rather crappy ram holes going nowhere.
i have seen these pre made wiring kits, i have seen an english site with this but the stock is the exact same, all you have to have is the correct foglamp/ light switch which it sounds liek u have and this will retro fit the whole lot pretty much to audi spec, saves doing to much urself and adding dodgy switches etc

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_.../p94_Wiring-Harness-Foglight--Audi-A3-8L.html

i dont think they do to be fair, iv fitted facelight headlights to mine, i took them apart to spray the chrome areas black and the only ones i have used have 3 bulbs, side, dipped and main. iv opened orginal Hella audi ones and the 3rd party ones as i had to used the back casing as one of the hella ones adjusts was broken so i dont think they do tbh mate. to b fair aswell i think the bottom grill looks a lot better with the fogs aswel rather than just grill, makes it look a little more expensive for us lowly A3 owners

Hmmm, I didnt think they did so it looks like its going to cost a bit more than I had originally planned...sh*t!

Will look good tho, the link i sent for the fog lamps is dead cheap too, normally your looking at about £27 per lamp plus 3 quid postage

I think I'll start massing the parts this month so that when the weathers better I'll have everything ready to go on.

I'm looking at the following I think..

2 x facelift lights
harness adapters
2 x fogs
2 x fog pods
1 x lower bumper grill
1 x harness for fogs so I can stick with my original switch.

Might go down the HID route too but still undecided on that.

The front of my car looks really dated so need to get it sorted ASAP.

T

I'm also thinking about splitting the lights and painting the inners on them in a matte grey colour too. Nothing too dark though.

I went for hids and they are good, amazing amounts of light compaired to just standerd halogen. Yea i think if i were to do the inner head lamps again may have used a gun metal grey, another combo i like since doing mine is the inner parts the headlamps are in 2 parts. The main reflector and the edge which sits up against the
lense. Now iv painted both parts to mine satin black which looks great on mine as i have a red a3 wiv the all black ABT grill but if i were to do it again id have the outer part against the lense black and inner part still chrome, a lot omf A4's have this as factory and looks great i think