AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Smell my finger.

Status

Did all pre facelift A3's have front fogs?

Hi,

I'm planning my facelift lights for my car but I'm a bit stumped...

I know what lights to buy
    I know how to mod the harness
    I know how to fit them

The only problem is my front fogs are in the main headlight clusters and not in the lower front bumper like the face lift cars.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to try and track down a facelift lower portion of the front bumper and buy some fogs to stick in there?. I was going to run without them but I couldnt cope with having a switch I knew did nothing!.

This is looking pricey now
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    these will be the fog lamps you will need, there are 2 types, these with the larger/ longer glass part and the others which have a lot less glass: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    I got my lower grill and fog lamp surrounds from the dealer direct. It wasnt that expensive for the grill (lower half of the bumper) it was the surrounds that cost the most but again u can find these on ebay again.

Hope that helps

Smell my finger.

Status
    Are these something you have added to yours then, if so how did you go about wiring them up from the pre facelift wiring?.

Thanks for the link its bookmarked
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

1st Gear

Status
    well iv fitted the lower bumper and fog surrounds, ordered the lights and was sent the wrong ones, hense i know these will not fit, no matter how much i tried, sent them back and asked for the right ones but only got a refund. so for the past year iv been meaning to get the right lamps and fit them but never got round to it so it looks like iv got 2 rather crappy ram holes going nowhere.
    i have seen these pre made wiring kits, i have seen an english site with this but the stock is the exact same, all you have to have is the correct foglamp/ light switch which it sounds liek u have and this will retro fit the whole lot pretty much to audi spec, saves doing to much urself and adding dodgy switches etc

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...udi-A3-8L.html

Smell my finger.

Status
    Yeah I've seen those and looks like it'll save some faffing about etc.

I've also just spotted these...I didnt think facelift lights had fogs built in...but these say they have. Can anyone confirm if they have facelift lights with built in fogs?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-NEW-FR...item2558db4f14

1st Gear

Status
    i dont think they do to be fair, iv fitted facelight headlights to mine, i took them apart to spray the chrome areas black and the only ones i have used have 3 bulbs, side, dipped and main. iv opened orginal Hella audi ones and the 3rd party ones as i had to used the back casing as one of the hella ones adjusts was broken so i dont think they do tbh mate. to b fair aswell i think the bottom grill looks a lot better with the fogs aswel rather than just grill, makes it look a little more expensive for us lowly A3 owners

Smell my finger.

Status
    Hmmm, I didnt think they did so it looks like its going to cost a bit more than I had originally planned...sh*t!

1st Gear

Status
    Will look good tho, the link i sent for the fog lamps is dead cheap too, normally your looking at about 27 per lamp plus 3 quid postage

Smell my finger.

Status
    I think I'll start massing the parts this month so that when the weathers better I'll have everything ready to go on.

I'm looking at the following I think..

2 x facelift lights
    harness adapters
    2 x fogs
    2 x fog pods
    1 x lower bumper grill
    1 x harness for fogs so I can stick with my original switch.

Might go down the HID route too but still undecided on that.

The front of my car looks really dated so need to get it sorted ASAP.

T

Smell my finger.

Status
    I'm also thinking about splitting the lights and painting the inners on them in a matte grey colour too. Nothing too dark though.

1st Gear

Status
    I went for hids and they are good, amazing amounts of light compaired to just standerd halogen. Yea i think if i were to do the inner head lamps again may have used a gun metal grey, another combo i like since doing mine is the inner parts the headlamps are in 2 parts. The main reflector and the edge which sits up against the
    lense. Now iv painted both parts to mine satin black which looks great on mine as i have a red a3 wiv the all black ABT grill but if i were to do it again id have the outer part against the lense black and inner part still chrome, a lot omf A4's have this as factory and looks great i think

Reverse Gear

Status
    You ever get round to finishing this Tom? Doing a similar thing with mine atm....