S3 Starting problems

Richy88

Reaction score
hey everyone recently brought a s3 after much looking and though i found a good one but....

been fine until yesterday and when i got home from work when to go out in it and it just kept on turning over pluged it in no fault codes then the battery went flat so jumped it off another car and it started straight away drove it for a bit 20-30 miles came home turned it off and it started again straight after so just thought it was being funny

today tho came home again and wont start again tryed jumping it off other cars checked for faults nothing

its only about 3 degrees anything to do with it??

any one got any idea as i really am stumped and help would be great :)

not fun having a s3 and not being able to drive it!!!!

Thanks!!!

Could be crankshaft sensor. Were there any warning lights on the dash?

Battery going flat maybe? Seeing as there are no errors on VAG-com...

A friend was having a problem jump-starting his 4.2 V6 A4 using a Nissan Almera and it would not start. We then tried my S3 with a brand new Bosch battery and it started without a problem.

You can find out if your battery is not holding it's charge by looking at the voltage supplied using the climate control on-board diagnostics - http://www.wak-tt.com/tt/climatecontcodes.htm

when you drove the car it wouldnt of put much charge back into the flat battery, so either its just flat and needs charging properly, or it is indeed kaput and you need a new one!

if i were you id charge it for a good 12 hours first seeing as this is free compared to buying a new battery, see how it goes

wasnt the battery changed it today found fuse 27 blown changed it blew again so looks like its the fuel pump

anyone know the best place to get one and how do you get it out tryed everything and no luck!!!

thanks