AH FabricationsBadger5
    4th Gear

Status

Charged the wrong amount for petrol!!!

I got petrol today Ł30.00 at shell and my girlfriend went to pay for it she paid for it and after i had left the garage she said that she was charged Ł21.50 by the empolyee whos fault would that be???

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    did she give them the right pump number??

Status
    as long as she has a receipt it has to be a win win win situation

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah the the attendant said a number and she said yeah its sounds a bit like a lottery if you ask me and she has the receipt and its her card number on and it will be on the cameras!!!

Alex

Status
    Happened to me before as well, put about Ł50 in, went inside n got some food too. Told the cashier the pump number, paid by card and didnt realise until I got home n looked at the receipt that I was only charged for the food. Was expecting some contact from the police but got nothing and this was almost a year ago.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

4th Gear

Status
    Lemon did you ever go back to that petrol station ha ha???

Run Rob Run

Status
    Hmmmm....a tricky one. Not here to judge, just taking an objective view.

1.) If your girlfriend said the correct and true pump number and the cashier charged you the wrong amount then cashiers fault.
    2.) If your girlfriend gave the wrong pump number (whether knowingly or unknowingly) it is your girlfriends fault.
    3.) If the cashier gave a wrong pump number and your girlfriend said "yes" then this is a bit more messy yet technically still your girlfriends fault as she has lied (knowingly or unknowingly) to the cashier. Why? Because the cashier is operating on his/her best knowledge that the pump you used is the one that they think you used. The cashier tries to confirm their judgement by asking your girlfriend. Your girlfriend agrees with this judgement and unknowingly tells a lie.

I think technically you owe the petrol station some money as you have taken petrol (albeit approx 7-8 litres) that you have not paid for. In a criminal court of law, this is classed as theft.

BUT....It's a moral dilemma as at the moment you seem to have "got away with it" and I doubt that the petrol station will chase you for it. But they are entitled to and they have the means to. If a policeman knocks on the door, you can claim it was honest mistake and that of course you will pay Ł8.50 back to the garage. But, technically you now cannot 'honestly' claim that you 'honestly' did not know and were unaware of the mistake.....because you do know. Also, are you prepared to live like that for the next few weeks, waiting for a knock on the door?

Finally, I wonder if they had overcharged you for fuel, say about Ł40 total OR if you had paid for someone elses fuel and it was more than the cost of your fuel, would go back and ask for a refund?

Phew, that was a bit heavy!

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah il keep onto the receipt and if the worst comes to it I will show them the receipt and act innocent Iv seen in other shell garages in the area and there are notes on the windows advising employees not to serve people who have got petrol and havent paid for it. Is it not Ł100 fine if you get the petrol and do a runner???

Smell my finger.

Status
    No, its a trip down the cells!.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

6th Gear

Status
    The hot fuzz has spoken!!^^^
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

4th Gear

Status
    Im not botherd it was my girlfriend im innocent lol!!!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scottm4 View Post
    Im not botherd it was my girlfriend im innocent lol!!!
    You're not bothered, cos it's her that's going to be locked up!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

Alex

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scottm4 View Post
    Lemon did you ever go back to that petrol station ha ha???
    Lol yeh I go there all the time, it was a tesco express that sells esso fuel, apparently the girl had a thing for me, not sure if that had anything to do with the "cock up".
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

4th Gear

Status
    I would go back and clear it out. don't want a red light on my registration
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    yer i used to work at a petrol station go back and clear it up chance are they will go thanks for being honest but we past it as a sundry! its only a small amount but would be silly to get in trouble for it!

-AUDI A3 1.8T-
    coldside dumpvalve relocation kit/powerflow exhaust/k+n shielded air intake/ JOM coilovers/forge splitr/forge carbon fibre engine cover/soild flywheel conversion/REVO