more mods

s3 man

Reaction score
hi guys jus wondering wot other mods i can do to my car.so far ive done 3inch downpipe,custom exhaust,panel filter,forge 007p,tip and upper intercooler boost hoses.im getting a fmic soon and gettin the remap done next month

ive done the suspension.decked it on coilovers.i want to concentrate more on the engine

Would update the brakes for better stopping power but engine wise a k04 hybrid or big turbo

Mines a K04 hybrid but i doubt the small size increase would make much difference on the cat level. I'd heard the downpipe was the problem and not the cat.

i wasnt sure about goin hybrid.ive herd alot of diffrent things.how much bhp can the hybrid really give you with the following things that i have already done.or which big turbo do i go for

one of the chaps on here tested the CAT and then replaced and the difference was virtually none existant and he was running massive boost on the KO4...that was an RR test done on the same day same conditions etc etc

could i get 300bhp out of a hybrid with my 3inch downpipe and decat.ive fiited the 3ich downpipe and decat so will i need to fit a powerflex dogbone bush

id guess you'd need and FMIC at the very least to be anywhere near 300bhp...... why bother with the decat? you've just made your car illegal and made no more power :)

how do u meen about the power.shud i have got the 120cell cat insted of the decat or do u meen i shudnt of botherd changing the downpipe an cat at all

Change the Downpipe, as its the most restrictive in the Exhaust route, What the other guys are saying is DE-Catt'ing your car is not worth it,

I have sports CATT's and i do no not think there worth the money, If you wanna change them or make the route less restrictive DE CATT it, 1Animal1 says someone has actually tested the flow or something of the CATT and found virtually no difference....

I know that current Uk emission laws are fairly stringent and that CATT's must do that job somehow.... Seems strange that they manage to do it with non restrictive fairy dust :(

fair comment tankie but take your argument to the chap that RR'd his car @ star performance, fitted a sports CAT and then RR'd it again same day with virtually no if not no gains at all.... regardless that is one of the main reasons people simply dont decat or sports cat their S3's..... take it or leave it but unless you prove otherwise

na i know...just the last comment seemed to be more of a question....and to a point i agree that it has to be restrictive somehow..... apologies if my post seemed abrupt

ok guys.wot big turbo options are out there and how much

i have read that cat replacement will give little if any gain but often wondered why are people wasting £££ on sports cats if there is no gain!!

i have read that cat replacement will give little if any gain but often wondered why are people wasting £££ on sports cats if there is no gain!!

DP is restrictive, but it would appear difficult to get one without replacing the cat at the same time. I've been looking, but can't seem to find any off the shelf options as all the 3" DPs seem to need to be partnered with a single cat (from the same supplier!) rather than the OEM twin set up.