Badger5Monster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Not to sure about this???

I dont know if this is a stupid question but this fit my 1996 a3 1.8 turbo (150bhp)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K-N-APOLLO-CIS...item45df4e179f
    I know its a later model and its the 225bhp but arent they the same engine?
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by audi_a3_turbo View Post
    I dont know if this is a stupid question but this fit my 1996 a3 1.8 turbo (150bhp)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K-N-APOLLO-CIS...item45df4e179f
    I know its a later model and its the 225bhp but arent they the same engine?
    Thanks
    It would fit, but the routing is a bit different.

You'd be foolish to spend that much money on one of those though, these are perfectly good enough - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Cold-Air-I...item518ebdaf4f
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I would not risk that cheap one, its mounted low down where it may encounter more debris and moisture, i also bet the fitration level isnt up to much on that cheap one either.

The K&N unit will have a much better level of filtration for sure.

Speeding in reverse gear

Status
    Just get some ducting in there for a couple of quid and save your monies

1st Gear

Status
    it wont fit anyway as ure turbo intake is 2.5 inch where as the 225 bhp is 3 inch so you would need a custom tip and a bigger maf sensor

1st Gear

Status
    right okay then guys thanks for the answers. I want a cda induction kit but I cant afford one!

Smell my finger.

Status
    Dont bother, stock airbox is FINE on our cars mate.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    I would not risk that cheap one, its mounted low down where it may encounter more debris and moisture, i also bet the fitration level isnt up to much on that cheap one either.

The K&N unit will have a much better level of filtration for sure.
    The K&N one is mounted in the same place, and there is a plastic guard around and under it to protect it from water and debris.

My girlfriends been running hers for a while, and Prawns been running one of those for years with no problems.

Then never do them.

1st Gear

Status
    just noticed that K&N do an apollo induction kit for the golf 1.8 20v turbo (150bhp) would this not fit the audi's 150bhp engine?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K-N-Apollo-CIS...item4cedaf06be

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    The K&N one is mounted in the same place, and there is a plastic guard around and under it to protect it from water and debris.

My girlfriends been running hers for a while, and Prawns been running one of those for years with no problems.
    The K&N filter unit is mounted higher up, the el cheapo on is mounted on the end of the pipe.

Stay stock its good for over 350BHP of flow,causes no restriction on my car on it's hybrid

1st Gear

Status
    okay then so shoud i just go with the replacement element then? if so which would you recommend?

1st Gear

Status
    i just thought that the apollo one looks oky as it is an enclosed unit.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    The K&N filter unit is mounted higher up, the el cheapo on is mounted on the end of the pipe.

Stay stock its good for over 350BHP of flow,causes no restriction on my car on it's hybrid
    Surely that makes no difference if there is a cold air feed going down to where the "el cheapo" ones mount anyway? You can quite clearly see the cold air feed in that photo...By using words like "risk" and "el cheapo" you make them seem ****, when they quite simply aren't.

From my experience with those I'd spend the saved Ł100 on an F007P instead of an air filter which you don't really need anyway! Because as you say a standard setup if fine for the power anyway, the only reason to fit a filter to an A3 is for the sound!
    Last edited by 16Klappe; 18th February 2010 at 12:09.

Then never do them.