Private Plate

g60leigh

Reaction score
I notice a few of you have private plates.
I have one on my old car which is personal to me and I plan keeping but the S3 I have bought has an S3 plate on it which I am thinking of selling.

Does anyone know the best way to take the S3 one off my S3 and keep / Sell it and transfer the one off my old car to the S3 and get a normal number allocated to it? without paying loads of fee's as I can see there are transfer and retention fee's to pay DVLA.

Also anyone on here fancy my S3 plate? 'S3 JTO' open to sensible offers

Thanks

A screwdriver will do the trick ;)

Seriously, there is no way around the retention fees, just include them in your asking price, or say plus transfer fees

I'm looking to do the same at the moment, currently have a private reg that came with the car. Not interested in it but does take the age off the car a little bit.

Looking around for my own at the moment, but so many sites giving me massively varying quotes for how much the current one is worth!!!

Lol Animal, I was looking at AU51 JAD (James A Durbin). Friend of mine has AU51 BAM on a 225 TT.

im not a fan of initials cos nobody knows what they say....but then plenty have assumed my names 'Andy' or assumed 'Nuddy' or similar since the spacings been taken out :)

Stick it on eBay mate, I sold an S3 one a few years ago for the same price I paid the DVLA.

My plate was also the best thing i've ever bought for a car, i've never had anything get so much attention, even the plod are quite ok about it, been stopped 5 times and only had two fines, despite my little dot and spacing issue lol

P1000060.jpg

little dot spacing and a 2 thats nothing like the correct lettering, surprised you havn`t had more issues people at work get pulled all the time for less altered number plates one guy has S1R DG and now has to display S1 RDG

I love my plate! Looks even better as i have metal pressed ones and police have never said anything about it. Shortened the space in the middle from the legal 33mm to 25mm, not a huge reduction i know but definitely looks that bit better and doesn't look so obvious to the police.

Pic in my sig below ...