n75 to actuator hose

jonny87

Reaction score
so as some may remember when i first bought my car it had an mbc plumbed in between the actuator and n75 valve

obviously i removed this straight away and as a temporary fix i used a plastic connector to join the two ends of the hose and clamped with small jubilee clips, not ideal but was best i could do at the time

now i want to replace the whole hose to eliminate any chance of leaks etc the hose itself has bends formed into it at certain intervals to follow the contours of the engine etc so rather than buy a normal length of hose and try and clip it to follow the same contours i was wondering if i could buy the proper hose with the bends formed in, dealer maybe? or would it be best to find an s3 breaking?

hope that all makes sense lol
cheers

Either use a bit of silicon pipe or just order the proper one from an Audi dealer. Shouldn't be that expensive either way tbh...

<tuffty/>

wasnt sure if audi would sell something like that, bit of an odd request really but i suppose they must perish from time to time

watch this space for a price from audi, possibly something outrageous!

wasnt sure if audi would sell something like that, bit of an odd request really but i suppose they must perish from time to time

A popular misconception, as far as I am aware, they list more or less every single part that goes into making a car (they may not have it in stock but can get it)

watch this space for a price from audi, possibly something outrageous!

Personally I would always at least ask Audi if they can get a part and for a price before trying to find it cheaper... Audi pricing can be a bit bizarre at times but you may be pleasantly surprised how cheap certain parts are

<tuffty/>

FPR pipe is 3mm but I got away with using 4mm. It was a bit loose on the connector to the fuel rail but some clamps seem to have made it tight enough.

Is it easy enough to replace the hoses from the n75 valve?

FPR pipe is 3mm but I got away with using 4mm. It was a bit loose on the connector to the fuel rail but some clamps seem to have made it tight enough.

Is it easy enough to replace the hoses from the n75 valve?

FPR outlet is like a gnat's **** though to be fair! lol.

4mm should be nice and snug on the N75, it's about the internal diameter of the original pipe. N75 hoses are easy enough to change - the one from charge pipe to N75 is very easy, actuator hose is a bit more fiddly as access isn't great, but not impossible.

I'd just use a black bit of 4mm internal diameter silicone hose mate if I were you. But 2 metres for £3.60 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4mm-BLUE-SILI...rParts_SM?hash=item45f0d2adc7#ht_1372wt_10020) and replace all the other hoses floating about as well - FPR pipe, DV pipe etc.

yer but the standard hoses have a very thick wall, 3 or 4mm id say
the silicone hose is probably only 1 or 2mm?

would make sense to replace like for like, unless of course the hose is stupidly expensive from audi of course

ive already replaced the fpr hose and dv hose (when doing n249/n112/sai)

yer but the standard hoses have a very thick wall, 3 or 4mm id say
the silicone hose is probably only 1 or 2mm?

would make sense to replace like for like, unless of course the hose is stupidly expensive from audi of course

ive already replaced the fpr hose and dv hose (when doing n249/n112/sai)

That said, it's only ever got to carry enough pressure to open the wastegate so a thick msidewall not 100% needed. Actuator pressure is only about 6-8 psi actuator dependent. The boost hose from the charge pipe to the N75 carries full boost pressure (20 ish) and mine has always been fine mate, no problems.

But it's up to you duderama! Whatever you're happy with.

duderama? that a new un :)

i think its going to be price dependant, il get my mate to get me a price from audi and go from there

i wouldnt even like to guess how much it would be from audi, could be a fiver, could be £50 :faint:

lol, new 'n improved....

If a PCV hose from Audi is 20 bucks, which it is :faint:, I'd be interested to see how that hose compares....

right well i went to audi, their diagrams only showed two hoses coming off the n75 valve, they ordered both that were showing in for me and neither were right, one was way too short the other looked like a flipping coolant hose!! so all in all pretty damn useless (those two hoses were £20-25 each)

so i guess il just have to make do with some silicone hose, 4mm id?