Boot release not working on one side...

The Doctor

Reaction score
Website
www.wbmcc.com
Hi guys,

For some bizarre reason, the boot release (the release "button" that you push above the rear number plate when opening the boot) on my S3 stopped working today, but only on the left hand side of the boot lock. The right hand side works fine, as does the remote release on the key. Strange!

Now, many of you will say "so just use the right hand one or the remote release to open the boot", but I'd like to fix it if I can. Otherwise it'll just bug me.

So, has anyone else had this problem? Any idea how to fix it?

I'm wondering if some water/dirt has found its way inside during the rubbish weather that's been around for what seems like the last 25 years!

i had the problem!!!

it fixed itself though otherwise it would have been a new pressure pad (assuming you have a post 99 car) with the pressure pads as opposed to the manual jobby

Any idea if I could take the pressure pad apart by prising off the rubber cover? Did you try and do this? When I push it I can hear the switch making physical contact, which is why I'm thinking maybe there's just some crap stuck in there.

Yes, mine's a 2003.

personally i would remove the rear trim and try and tackle it that way, remove the inside plastic trim and the bolts are behind....you'll need to be forceful, the clips are very robust and wont break so dont be afraid to pull