EM TuningBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Audi A3 1.8t Modified Help Audi A3 Turbo Brainers

Hi got a audi a3 1.8t sport 1998,have got a AmD remap,also a forge rec dump valve 007p with a yello spring if that is the right one for it,also a pipercross pannel filter and a boost gauge,my car is the 150bhp model.
    when i had a remap the test result says my car was 160bhp standard and after the remap 205.8bhp i have a few questions to ask for all your audi brainers, number

1Why is my car only saying its running 10 psi is this right for the mods and the bhp ???
    2:How can i get my car to move any quicker ??
    3:I have not had this servied for about a year would i notice if i had it done?
    4:If the temp sensor has gone what would this cause,as this was a fault code on the ecu ??
    If any body could help be great...

2. # ADS
    ADS

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audia3turrbo View Post
    Hi got a audi a3 1.8t sport 1998,have got a AmD remap,also a forge rec dump valve 007p with a yello spring if that is the right one for it,also a pipercross pannel filter and a boost gauge,my car is the 150bhp model.
    when i had a remap the test result says my car was 160bhp standard and after the remap 205.8bhp i have a few questions to ask for all your audi brainers.
    I hate to tell you mate, but there is no chance realistically that your 150 BHP standard 1.8T (Presumably AGU) will be making a REAL 205 BHP. You'd struggle to get 190-195 with a stage 1 map and more mods than you've got so I thought we'd get that out of the way first. Not bursting your bubble, but it's not possible on the mods listed.

Where have you got that power figure from? A rolling road? Bill, where is your dyno lottery logo?

1Why is my car only saying its running 10 psi is this right for the mods and the bhp ???
    Thats a difficult one to call. 10PSI isn't much over standard boost really, but don't take your boost gauge's reading as gospel.

I had this problem with my AGU and I have been reliably informed that it's not suprising. AGU engines (if yours is one) have a big port head on them, which means a little blower like the K03 struggles to produce pressure against it. I ended up using a manual boost controller to get a steady 15 PSI peak - but not recommended if you don't know what you're doing. You could end up shafting the thing.

Also, change your yellow spring for a green one. You aren't running anywhere near enough boost to need one. It will just stop the valve working properly.

2:How can i get my car to move any quicker ??
    A bit of an open question here. The question is how much do you want to spend? Cheapest power upgrade for you is a Front Mount InterCooler (FMIC). I certainly felt the difference when I fitted mine to my AGU, makes the car much more responsive.

Assuming it's an AGU, other options are K03S turbo upgrade and R Tech AGU/K03S remap. That will give you somewhere up to a REAL 220 BHP, possibly more. But you will need a good incduction kit, a 3" downpipe and a sports/de cat.

After than, money goes up, you would need to change the rods for any bigger turbos.

3:I have not had this servied for about a year would i notice if i had it done?

Uh, yes. This is bad practice anyway, let alone any performance impact. Look after your car, it will look after you. End of. I bet your plugs are awful!

4:If the temp sensor has gone what would this cause,as this was a fault code on the ecu ??
    Temp sensor can log a fault code on the management. Not always though. Symptoms are dash temp gauge not working correctly normally. Easy to confuse with a faulty thermostat.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

1st Gear

Status
    Hi i got it mapped at AmD and i have a print out to mabie there having me on lol

RIP S3dave

Status
    200bhp from 10psi is impressive and unlikely
    it would have run more than that I think previously.

got a split pipe somewhere? n75 working ok?
    etc etc
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

1st Gear

Status
    How hasrd is it to fit a FMIC INTERCOOLER please help

Status
    Depends really how handy you are with the spanners. It's not technically a hard exercise to complete, but requires cutting of this and that.

If you enjoy getting out and working on your car yourself - grab one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-A4-A6-...7#ht_757wt_939.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

1st Gear

Status
    Hi mate wht would u say is better ???
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And is this gonna make a diference to my car ?

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    There is no way you have 205 BHP @ 10PSI its impossible as you will not be flowing enough air to make the numbers. So either your figures are incorrect on the before and after map, you have a huge boost leak, or your gauge is faulty. Was your gauge showing 10PSI during the remap?

Did AMD log the boost and AFR during the session?

A FMIC makes no differenc to outright power, just the ability to sustain it over longer periods of high boost.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    There is no way you have 205 BHP @ 10PSI its impossible as you will not be flowing enough air to make the numbers. So either your figures are incorrect on the before and after map, you have a huge boost leak, or your gauge is faulty. Was your gauge showing 10PSI during the remap?

Did AMD log the boost and AFR during the session?

A FMIC makes no differenc to outright power, just the ability to sustain it over longer periods of high boost.
    AGU can't log boost on 115. No MAP sensor & early ECU. No Requested vs Actual possible (which is a pain in the arse!!)
    Homer Simpson

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    AGU can't log boost on 115. No MAP sensor & early ECU. No Requested vs Actual possible (which is a pain in the arse!!)

It would have been done on the rollers mate, AFR up the tailpipe and boost off the FPR ;P

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    It would have been done on the rollers mate, AFR up the tailpipe and boost off the FPR ;P

<tuffty/>
    I forget these things.... it's been a LONG old week!! lol
    Homer Simpson