Audi A3 1.8t Modified Help Audi A3 Turbo Brainers

audia3turrbo

Reaction score
Hi got a audi a3 1.8t sport 1998,have got a AmD remap,also a forge rec dump valve 007p with a yello spring if that is the right one for it,also a pipercross pannel filter and a boost gauge,my car is the 150bhp model.
when i had a remap the test result says my car was 160bhp standard and after the remap 205.8bhp i have a few questions to ask for all your audi brainers, number

1Why is my car only saying its running 10 psi is this right for the mods and the bhp ???
2:How can i get my car to move any quicker ??
3:I have not had this servied for about a year would i notice if i had it done?
4:If the temp sensor has gone what would this cause,as this was a fault code on the ecu ??
If any body could help be great...

Hi got a audi a3 1.8t sport 1998,have got a AmD remap,also a forge rec dump valve 007p with a yello spring if that is the right one for it,also a pipercross pannel filter and a boost gauge,my car is the 150bhp model.
when i had a remap the test result says my car was 160bhp standard and after the remap 205.8bhp i have a few questions to ask for all your audi brainers.

I hate to tell you mate, but there is no chance realistically that your 150 BHP standard 1.8T (Presumably AGU) will be making a REAL 205 BHP. You'd struggle to get 190-195 with a stage 1 map and more mods than you've got so I thought we'd get that out of the way first. Not bursting your bubble, but it's not possible on the mods listed.

Where have you got that power figure from? A rolling road? Bill, where is your dyno lottery logo?

1Why is my car only saying its running 10 psi is this right for the mods and the bhp ???

Thats a difficult one to call. 10PSI isn't much over standard boost really, but don't take your boost gauge's reading as gospel.

I had this problem with my AGU and I have been reliably informed that it's not suprising. AGU engines (if yours is one) have a big port head on them, which means a little blower like the K03 struggles to produce pressure against it. I ended up using a manual boost controller to get a steady 15 PSI peak - but not recommended if you don't know what you're doing. You could end up shafting the thing.

Also, change your yellow spring for a green one. You aren't running anywhere near enough boost to need one. It will just stop the valve working properly.

2:How can i get my car to move any quicker ??

A bit of an open question here. The question is how much do you want to spend? Cheapest power upgrade for you is a Front Mount InterCooler (FMIC). I certainly felt the difference when I fitted mine to my AGU, makes the car much more responsive.

Assuming it's an AGU, other options are K03S turbo upgrade and R Tech AGU/K03S remap. That will give you somewhere up to a REAL 220 BHP, possibly more. But you will need a good incduction kit, a 3" downpipe and a sports/de cat.

After than, money goes up, you would need to change the rods for any bigger turbos.

3:I have not had this servied for about a year would i notice if i had it done?

:asskicking:

Uh, yes. This is bad practice anyway, let alone any performance impact. Look after your car, it will look after you. End of. I bet your plugs are awful!

4:If the temp sensor has gone what would this cause,as this was a fault code on the ecu ??

Temp sensor can log a fault code on the management. Not always though. Symptoms are dash temp gauge not working correctly normally. Easy to confuse with a faulty thermostat.

200bhp from 10psi is impressive and unlikely
it would have run more than that I think previously.

got a split pipe somewhere? n75 working ok?
etc etc

There is no way you have 205 BHP @ 10PSI its impossible as you will not be flowing enough air to make the numbers. So either your figures are incorrect on the before and after map, you have a huge boost leak, or your gauge is faulty. Was your gauge showing 10PSI during the remap?

Did AMD log the boost and AFR during the session?

A FMIC makes no differenc to outright power, just the ability to sustain it over longer periods of high boost.

There is no way you have 205 BHP @ 10PSI its impossible as you will not be flowing enough air to make the numbers. So either your figures are incorrect on the before and after map, you have a huge boost leak, or your gauge is faulty. Was your gauge showing 10PSI during the remap?

Did AMD log the boost and AFR during the session?

A FMIC makes no differenc to outright power, just the ability to sustain it over longer periods of high boost.

AGU can't log boost on 115. No MAP sensor & early ECU. No Requested vs Actual possible (which is a pain in the ****!!)

AGU can't log boost on 115. No MAP sensor & early ECU. No Requested vs Actual possible (which is a pain in the ****!!)

It would have been done on the rollers mate, AFR up the tailpipe and boost off the FPR ;P

<tuffty/>