yet another temp gauge thread

ex_scoobydoo

Reaction score
ok
i spent over £200 in parts last week and £150 labour, jobs which did need doing bushes and brakes, pads etc. including the thermostat,
i replaced the sender some time back, to my disbelieve the F*****g temp gauge is still off its head, im totally ****** off now, i was hoping it would fix the problem, the temp gauge wont go over around 70, its always dropping then rising, if i stop the car turn it off then back on, it will go to 90, but once i start driving it drops again, what else can it be, i have reciepts from the previous owner for cam belt and water pump, im thinking he could of replaced it with yet another ****** plastic water pump ? but before i go down the route now of a new water pump, and might as well get the dam belt done at the same time, more ££££ for Christ sake is their anything else it could be ?

hi mate this sounds like the sender if it was the water pump i would expect it to over heat the fact that the temp gauge is fluctuating all over the place definately points to the sender just because it as been replaced recently does not mean its good i have in the past replaced many parts with new only to find the new part is faulty for what a new sender costs £20.00 ish i would replace this first without a doubt

Isnt the water pump mate, if it was the car would be overheating.