Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5th Gear

Status

Which Remap supplier? (Revo , Superchips, Custom-Code)

Hi guys I am wanting to call on your personal experiences
    I have had a look through previous posts but cannot see the answer to this.

I am thinking of remapping my S3. it is a 2001 AMK

which company have you used and how do you rate them?

I am trying to decide which remap to get, Revo, Superchips or custom code (or other)

thanks guys

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Just go with the one that's closest to you, unless you could save a packet by travelling further. This way, any problems, you can get it rectified, if they are local.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

6th Gear

Status
    Plenty about this. Comes down to what sort of map you want. Revo is very punchy low down with a good shove in the back (as I have). The cc is more progressive and linear from the descriptions more like oem. Personally I love my revo remap and the punch it gives. They all provide about the same headline figures just in different ways. Hope that helps.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

3rd Gear

Status
    custom code on mine for 65K and no hassles. reputably more linear delivery than revo but i've not driven a revo mapped S3,

TBH if you can't find threads on here with all the usual answers you might have trouble finding the place you decide to have it remapped at

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply's
    I have a Revo and a custom code agent in my area. but wondered if anyone had problems with either of them?

S3 Rav : I have a forge 007 re-circ fitted to my 1.8t A4, I think it is the same fitment one for the S3 (I will have to check) is it beneficial fitting it to my S3

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bantam1 View Post

TBH if you can't find threads on here with all the usual answers you might have trouble finding the place you decide to have it remapped at
    bit of info overload mate for my specific question, also looking online on a mobile device as I am stuck at work atm

2001 S3 (AMK)

Status
    go for Revo its the best

Getting there

Status
    I've had the upsolute re-map done by Simon at CCC Tech to a couple of my VAG diesels and have heard only good things about their S3 remaps as well.
    With these it doesn't matter where you are in the country as Simon will travel to you and do the work at your workplace or home wherever you want.
    http://www.ccctech.co.uk/chiptuning.php?make=Audi

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    go for Revo its the best
    Dream on mate.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Dream on mate.
    yawn

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    R-Tech!!!!
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

6th Gear

Status
    Re the 007p. It's not 100 % essential however apparently the oem ones can spilt. The oo7p is an upgrade worth doing if you have the money or already have it. I don't know about the fitment.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Howdy

Status
    I should be getting a Custom Code Phase 1 on Monday. That's if I can rectify this misfire first.
    I've chosen CC because it's closer, it's cheaper and the guys on the phone seem to know their stuff. I have considered Revo but i've heard negative things about the local Revo place (but never about the Revo maps!). I also considered Superchips Bluefin, but they don't seem to list the BAM engine.
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

K1 Driver

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    I've got a Superchips remap on mine as it came on the car when i purchased it. Power is very smooth, sometimes makes you feel like its not doing its job properly. I still think its not doing what its supposed to do, just doesnt feel as hard as a Revo S3 though! It still kicks ass though! I'm going to be changing to Revo in summer and get a stage 2 due to the mods i now have, that's just my preference though.

So i say Revo lol
    Inferi Black Cupra K1

Click here for more Troo-Pics!

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    CC for me cos i think Revo sucks ass
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    CC for me cos i think Revo sucks ass
    Did the JBS manager tell you to say that Tim x x

6th Gear

Status
    opinions are like ar*e holes, everyone has one.

anyone got dyno plots, though, to see what the actual results are of these remaps you all love so much?

iirc revo ones end up with an enormous torque spike which then tails off very quickly like a diesel.

the best ones ive seen for a 20vt were rtech and apr

Howdy

Status
    Well, the CC guys phoned me a minute ago to say there were no faults on VAG-COM, and the map is on there.
    Just a shame they didn't have time to fit my TIP and DV - I was gonna do them myself yesterday, until I realised (was told firmly) it was Valentine's Day!

Picking it up in half an hour, CANNOT WAIT to give it a blast...

5th Gear

Status
    how is it then JS1500

2001 S3 (AMK)

Howdy

Status
    Well, having only given it a short blast during rush hour -

Huge difference! I dunno what kind of 'shove in the back' you get with a Revo map, but you certainly get a hefty push with the Custom-Code!
    It does feel OEM+ at town speeds, but smoother. Definately felt smooth as silk following along behind a slow Aygo... was dying to pass him but the huge number of potholes around here meant he was driving down the centre of the road!
    When I did get a chance to put my foot down I was VERY happy with the result. Car feels really quick now.
    I can't really say to much more based on a half hour drive in town / country roads during rush hour. I will just say that I can't image anyone being disappointed with the CC map.
    Oh, and the guys at Motorwerk in Aberdeen are nice to deal with - recommended!

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks mate,
    does anyone have any real world printouts to compare these maps?

2001 S3 (AMK)

Reverse Gear

Status
    My S3 was done by Mike at Peak Performance Tuning. They provided a custom remap to my specification, so I was asked how I wanted the car to perform. He came to me and I couldn't be happier with the results.
    Might be worth checking out. Their website is http://www.peakperformancetuning.co.uk
    Hope this helps

5th Gear

Status
    I am going for the trial at Revo this morning if all goes to plan.
    I know the guy who does them locally from my days tuning Golf's and I like the idea of the switch to immobilise the car and switch back to stock etc.
    I'll let you know if I am impressed

2001 S3 (AMK)

6th Gear

Status
    Keep us posted.

5th Gear

Status
    Trial just installed, off to work in half an hour so lets see how it goes.

2001 S3 (AMK)

2nd Gear

Status
    I've used Jabbasport in the past, who do a customised remap - or rather they start with a base map and make some minor adjustments to various parameters afterwards. I was very happy with it, the power was strong, and low-down pull was amazing. Power was 272bhp, and torque 301 lb ft according to their rolling road print-out.
    Though it did appear to start running out of puff from about 5,500rpm onwards.

Still I'd recommend them, as they are able to adjust the map to suit you (whether you run on super or normal 95 fuel), and the chap who does the mapping is very highly regarded in the field of tuning.

I currently have a stage 3 Revo map on my car. Revo seem to be one of the most reputable on the remapping scene, but I'm not sure I would recommend them over anyone else.
    As some of you know, you can switch the "timing" and "boost" on their maps. And the only way of seeing what the car is set to is by using their "Select Plus" boxes. However, I get a comms error when hooking my car up to the "Select Plus" box. Which means that I basically can't use it to see my settings. Revo have confirmed this to be a bug with their hardware/software. And after 2 years of prodding them to fix this bug, they've still not sorted it. Doesn't bode well for a company many consider as "the best".
    Work commute:
    Honda CBR 1000RR
    169 kg & 170 bhp - eeek!

Backdraft Big Turbo Silver S3, Supersprint, Eibach lowered, QST rear tiebars, SPA boost gauge Sold
    Lotus Elise 111R also Sold

Wanted: Honda powered Lotus Elise S2

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    i want a low end torquey map this time. my chippeduk one was good quite torquey but also quite linear. i want a low down peak for acceleration really :D

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

6th Gear

Status
    that sounds like the revo map then.
    any news on the trial?

6th Gear

Status
    all have pros and cons,
    people swear by Revo and CC
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

2nd Gear

Status
    I have driven S3's mapped by Revo, CC and Superchips. I had mine done a year ago and went for Revo. I absolutely love it but I guess it all comes down to how you drive and how you like your Power delivery.
    Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 2+, Full TBE, Autotech HPFP, Revo CAI, H&R ARBs, SuperPro Anti-Lift Kit, Rev D, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs... SPS & VCDS.
    Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB.

5th Gear

Status
    done a 25 minute drive to work and happy so far. all still very smooth but seems to pull a bit better, no drastic changes so see how it is as the trail continues

2001 S3 (AMK)

[censored]

Status
    Im considering a remap but only because someone I know who used to own an S3 has told me the fuel economy improves?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by martin g View Post
    Im considering a remap but only because someone I know who used to own an S3 has told me the fuel economy improves?
    I have heard this too, providing you drive within the new power band

2001 S3 (AMK)

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    exactly.....its not massive though so dont go offsetting the remap costs against ya fuel....take ya years to claw it back
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

ZoomZoom

Status
    Im runnng a revo stage 2 and I love it, throws you back in your seat when plant our foot down, also have a sps3 box which is great as you can shut the car down for security and switch between settings when you like. Been running the chip as stock past few weeks, feels totally different car 2 when the boost is up to setting 9
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Now : Cupra R 225

[censored]

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    exactly.....its not massive though so dont go offsetting the remap costs against ya fuel....take ya years to claw it back
    then its enough to make me look into it, I simply needed an excuse !!

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by indiemike View Post
    Im runnng a revo stage 2 and I love it, throws you back in your seat when plant our foot down, also have a sps3 box which is great as you can shut the car down for security and switch between settings when you like. Been running the chip as stock past few weeks, feels totally different car 2 when the boost is up to setting 9
    Can't beat a quick blast on boost setting 9!
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

3rd Gear

Status
    Are the SPS select + worth it with all the boost settings id be worry id break something!
    is the 9 boost basically the remap fully on and then the numbers between allow you to tone it down how you like?

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    ive got an APR switchable map stage 2 , excellent done, at awsome, manchester
    been on standard map for a week, and can definatley say fuel economy is better on stage one!! stage 2 drinks a bit more than standard (to be expected)...

ZoomZoom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdas03 View Post
    Are the SPS select + worth it with all the boost settings id be worry id break something!
    is the 9 boost basically the remap fully on and then the numbers between allow you to tone it down how you like?
    Not sure about the SPS plus system, dont you have to connect them to your pc before hand???

SPS3 is easy to use, turn the dials where you want them and away you go. I use it everyday to shut the car down for security reasons and turn the chip up when i fancy a play.

With the boost settings it ranges from standard, to remap turn on, then move the boost from a range of 6-9 where it increases as you turn it up. Also timing range on it but ive never changed it
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Now : Cupra R 225

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast