What's the difference between the N75 'H' and 'J' valves?

lloydsta101

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the difference between these two valves for me. They look exactly the same to me, but obviously have some sort of difference to have different names?

Are they for different models of car or something? It's just I have been told that an N75J valve would be a good idea to have on my 2000 plate S3, although I've come across a few N75H valves that advertise themselves as 'Race Valve'.

Cheers, Sean.

Check out the stickies, all the info you need to know is there

<tuffty/>

It's just a valve controlled by the ECU which regulates boost pressure. The N75J and H valves provide a boost spike, but often cause limp mode. Do a search on here and the other VAG sites this must be one of the most common topics.

I've been waiting to use this for a while:
asnet_search.gif

Sorry, I just never seem to get on with the Search function. It doesn't seem to pick up on any word that's less than 5 letters... so I'm basically searching for the word 'valve' and hoping for the best. Plus, I'm usually at work when I want to know something, and it takes about 3 hours loading a page, let alone doing a search and flitting in and out of threads.

I have read a few though, and nothing I've seen really explains the difference in the 2 valves... just that they are used for the same reason (giving extra boost at lower revs). I'll have to look more in depth when I get home then I suppose.