Fu(k Audi Dealers (Thanks AMD) !

nervus you are spot on there mate, I did buy the car becasue i knew the power potential of them (chips etc).

Hence only driving a couple of them before hand and I was not thrashing/driving hard in them so could not tell performance difference.

Was looking forward to a remap, then to find out it is already 250bhp is very cr@p. As i was bored of that power and wanted a huge increase, now i can't do that the car IMO might as well be sold for something faster !

Gutted as I do like the S3 !

Trying to find if it was Scotts of London (Audi Dealers) that chipped it, if so the Audi Dealer i bought it from must be aware of this fact am i correct or not !

Yeah AMD do run it like they want, that's fine, But i don't need certain people on here saying I am "Flaming" AMD because I happened to make a few comments about them !

The only reason i got a phonecall of AMD is because someone on here told AMD of this post, Where you expecting a free exhaust or something LOL !

Ed from AMD told me there was a snake on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, no, he just said a client told him !

So if your car is no faster than other standard S3's how can you tell if it has been chipped? should you take AMD's word that it has?

Unless their Rolling Road is 40 BHP and 50ft/lb of torque out, then I think I will take there word for it !

But just can't understand, raced numerous S3's AND TT's and there has been no difference at all, sometimes a TT could pull slightly.

Also I don't intend to waste £650 for exra 15 BHP.

Scotty, on the roads you will need a VERY long straight to notice the difference that 20 or 30bhp makes on a turbo car. The real world difference between the 225 and 250 cars is small, but it FEELs a lot quicker, picks up better and is undoubtledly more fun to drive. Race them though, and it's not so clear cut.

The difference is massive to me! I bought mine from Audi in exactly the same circumstances but I was chuffed to bits to find it already done as it saved me loads of money!

I've the APR 3 programme mode and switching it back to stock mode makes it feel really sluggish and slow compared to the 98ron programme.

I had the APR 3 program jobby on my TT with the 98RON 1.4 BAR program.

I felt so much quicker and a lot more torquey. I drove a lot better and made motorway driving so much easier.

At lower speeds though the difference between it and standard wasn't as big as you would imagine although it did feel it.

[ QUOTE ]
ScottyKemp said:
The only reason i got a phonecall of AMD is because someone on here told AMD of this post, Where you expecting a free exhaust or something LOL !

[/ QUOTE ]

hardly suprising /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

No one here needed to call AmD and dob you in.

Try running "audi-sport.net" through http://www.whois.net/ and your see why.

[ QUOTE ]
ScottyKemp said:
David R

You said

"but don't flame companies here just because you took umbrage that your car was already remapped."

Excuse me pal I would not call saying there prices are a little high "Flaming A Compaany" If i wanted to do that I would of, but i clearly had no reason to.

You said yourself "they are little on the steep side" in which i could say your flaming AMD in which your not !

Also stating my opinion/thoughts of customer service whether or not AMD or other companies is OK to do (Is it not ?)

As far as ,you saying I got it for free err no i did not because i deliberatly went to an audi because i did not want it modified at all, hence me paying over the top prices at the dealers, to get something free from chips, exhaust, filters !

A goodwill gesture should prevail, clearly you are right but not from AMD as i guess they were only doing their job, but Audi could, maybe do with owning up to something !

[/ QUOTE ]

Just caught up with this thread. My "flame" comment referred, of course, to Audi and their dealer network, which I thought would have been apparent by the title of your thread.