Replacement turbo for S3

Speedy Steve

Reaction score
personnally, i would not toucjh a ebay turbo. there cheap for a reason.

Get in touch with CR turbos or someone like that... recon K04's are around £300 exchange IIRC and a hybrid £500 exchange...

<tuffty/>

Is it a genuine Borg warner turbo? I know the ad quotes Oe numbers, but does not mention Genuine Borg Warner either anywhere..

Presuming Chinese knock off "new" K04

cheap as chips tho.. for new.. cant believe its Borg Warner.
Not sure I would spend £ on it without knowing its origin

I do not trust Chinese knock offs

I know what you guys are saying. JBS are quoting just over 1000 pounds fitted and have emailed you bill for a quote aswell dont know if you got it?

i use CR turbos so direct its the same.. www. crturbos.co.uk

i asked the vendor country of origin and its china..
its cheap enough... you never know.. worth a gamble?

whats the cr turbo's hybrid like?? is it as well spec'd as the turbo dynamics? or equivilent also what sort of mapp could you do with the jbs manifold badger?? would it still be to spikey to go mad with, im looking for a little over what im running now not big turbo power, would this setup be worth the £££'s, also what psi boost would you run? cheers

whats the cr turbo's hybrid like?? is it as well spec'd as the turbo dynamics? or equivilent also what sort of mapp could you do with the jbs manifold badger?? would it still be to spikey to go mad with, im looking for a little over what im running now not big turbo power, would this setup be worth the £££'s, also what psi boost would you run? cheers

TD offer more than one version... I dont think CR do, but could be wrong.
the milder TD one I mapped on an S3 earlier this year.. and was underwhelmed by it.. at best 5% more airflow seen and it did'nt hold boost at top end ,just like K04's dont
They do a billet comp wheel one which they claim is 300+bhp tho, so if you went that route that *should* make it faster, but I would also look to get an exhaust manifold which can flow it, else its just choking and high egts'

TD offer more than one version... I dont think CR do, but could be wrong.
the milder TD one I mapped on an S3 earlier this year.. and was underwhelmed by it.. at best 5% more airflow seen and it did'nt hold boost at top end ,just like K04's dont
They do a billet comp wheel one which they claim is 300+bhp tho, so if you went that route that *should* make it faster, but I would also look to get an exhaust manifold which can flow it, else its just choking and high egts'
would it be wise to put forged rods in with that kind of setup to get a better map or would the mapp be much the same but with out the conferdence in the reliability?? just gauging what route to go down if any as to do hybrid mani rods and possibly injectors im looking at around £2k half way to big turbo?? cheers

If u dont want to splash out, get it reconditioned, Turbo Technics done my TD05 off a impreza for around the £150 mark, that included pick up from my door and shipping back

would it be wise to put forged rods in with that kind of setup to get a better map or would the mapp be much the same but with out the conferdence in the reliability?? just gauging what route to go down if any as to do hybrid mani rods and possibly injectors im looking at around £2k half way to big turbo?? cheers

for hybrid i would do rods.. they deliver some high torque rapidly from the ones i have seen. high torque and all of a sudden spool is a recipe for broken rods imho