Totally owned by an Evo

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Now I do not race, just to clarify!

However, I do drive in a spirited way when the mood takes me! But my God this thing flew. I went passed in the fast lane of a dual carriageway, 65 in a 70, after managing to flatten my battery, having left a light on at work. Got it started and went out for a drive to charge it up a bit. This turned into a wizz up and down the local bypass.

Now granted, I am new to the car, the power and the handling, so did not get anywhere near pushing it. But the Evo had pulled out, over taken and was gone before I had chance to give chase! The power of these things is just unreal!!

I caught up to him eventually and found out he actually lives further down my road. Nice chap. FQ360. No wonder! He commented on the colour of mine and we got chatting about my detailing. Would like his car booked in :)

So all in all a good fun little run out.

This also reminded me; on ClioSport we use to organise meetings and run outs. Does this reguarly happen on here? Would be great to meet some local VAG owners :)

James

Sound like he was a nice chap and a good encounter. Evo's are just on another planet compared to our s3's. My friend had a 260 bhp version that he says is well on par with his m3 now. Never been in one personally though.

Evo's are a different level, i dont understand why people buy impreza's to go fast when the evo is king

I have to admit that I would never buy one as anything other than a fun/track/weekend car, I dislike the image they have.

But a standard, high performance model is just out of this world. Incredible.

they're animals, but build quality is **** and the interiors horrible

What was you expecting? lol, I've not driven an FQ360 myself, but I've had a blast in an FQ320, and they are Quick machines with a capital F! Once you are behind the wheel of one, I doubt built quality or comfort will be on the back of your mind... you just get in and drive. :racer:

What was you expecting? lol, I've not driven an FQ360 myself, but I've had a blast in an FQ320, and they are Quick machines with a capital F! Once you are behind the wheel of one, I doubt built quality or comfort will be on the back of your mind... you just get in and drive. :racer:

I had no expectations as I had no plans to race or to give chase, but thought it would be a little bit of fun to see how quick they are when someone pushes it :)

I was in 6th at 65 at the time I went passed him ;)

Yep, I got raped by an Evo a few months back, I was going full out in my un-moded S3 thinking "Yeah! Watch me fly!!" then he rinsed it past me, I didnt make chase, in fact I lay off the gas and pretended I was event gunning it, lol!, I turned off at the round about with my tail in between my legs :(

Dont know if anyone reads "Redline" magazine but there is a beautiful Evo in this months issue
There amazing cars and i agree dela about people buying Imprezas over Evos which ive never understood

They do go, he said his was totally standard and had no plans to mod it as it scared him silly as it was!

Nice to find a fellow petrol head that doesn't act like an idiot.

Evo's are a different level, i dont understand why people buy impreza's to go fast when the evo is king

probably because scoobs are cheaper all round, cheaper to buy, insure, maintain etc etc
but i would never have one, if i was ever considering it i would just man up and buy an evo lol

hear hear, who would care about the interior when you got 360 ponies at your disposal, i know someone with a fq320 getting it mapped soon to 400bhp :hubbahubba:
was behind him a while back and at any oppourtunity he was gone, amazing how well they go, and hes not what you would call petite lol

Couple of mates have had evo 8's, ****** fast, the evo have better interiors than scoobys and better specs, another friend had an import wrx, this was quick as well but build quailty and comfort you can forget about. They both drink fuel, and I know the evo's are high maintenance. But if you wanted a quick 4 door point to point car theres not much that will beat either.

YOu think its quick in a straight line, try and keep with him in the lanes lol !

This was back from Cheadle to Alderley Edge down the bypass, which straight - roundabout - straight - roundabout all the way back. He barely slowed round the round abouts, but not in a dangerous way. The thing barely slid/stepped out of line. Incredible.

My mate is a traffic copper, and they have an MRFQ 400 as a traffic car (lucky gits). He took me out for a blast in that. It hurt my neck. And stained my pants. Awesome.

EDIT: That was my thousandth, totally pointless post! lol :)

My mate is a traffic copper, and they have an MRFQ 400 as a traffic car (lucky gits). He took me out for a blast in that. It hurt my neck. And stained my pants. Awesome.

I've got a friend who is a rally art tech, he reckons point to point the new 360 is a quicker car than the 400, i wouldn't mind either when i get rid of the s3 it will prob be for either a E46 M3 or a FQ400 as they are coming up cheap, that said a nice rangey would be a better bet I think

My goodness Mike, talk about totally different ideas for your next car. Not suffering from dual personality complex are we?? (also known as getting on a bit . . . ;))

My goodness Mike, talk about totally different ideas for your next car. Not suffering from dual personality complex are we?? (also known as getting on a bit . . . ;))
Lol well the skyline is off the road more than on and i've sank so much money into it i'll prob never get rid of it, which is why I got the S3 as it was a comfy everyday car that wouldn't break, ok so it broke, but that was my fault. The probem is, is that while the skyline is off the road i crave something quick, like a fq400 or fun like a m3 and while i'll prob end up breaking both they would be good everyday cars, ok maybe not the evo - but then I think about being comfortable and not looking like a bellend when I pull up to a restaurant or something and the rangey comes to mind again, i'll be honest the range rover is winning at the mo simply because i couldnt afford to have 2 cars of the road at the same time

not this one is it mate?
P050709_1948.jpg

Scooby's & Evo's = raw power! My bro used to have a 330bhp Scooby STI and that thing scared the ***** outta me everytime i sat in it! Yes the interior is dull and plasticy but its a car for those wanting straight power, nothing else!

We had one rocking around here committing loads of crime, couldnt get near it because it would **** all over our traffic cars and by the time the chopper got to us it was long gone.

They're brutal, I hope the bloke you met has a good front door to stop people trying to take it off his drive though.

One of my mates has just brought and FQ320 that's been tuned up to nearly 380bhp. It's not my cup of tea but it's a truly awesome machine. Rapid doesn't even come close to describing it. But it's loud, my god is it loud. Sounds like a pneumatic drill on tickover and when he pulled into the pub car park he was setting car alarms off.

65 in 6th no wonder you got no where near no boost then although it would be nice. Evo's and Sti's are very nice but i like the fact that i can get 360-400 miles out of a tank my mate only gets 180 miles out of a tank in his 07 STI running 390 bhp