EM TuningJMB Retrofits
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8L S3 vs 8P A3

6th Gear

Status
    Same as minty. I've had a play with a friends 8p 140tdi and to be honest I could leave it quite comfortably.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 9099 View Post
    In fairness to the TDi crew... You're car ain't exactly standard. But then I am not saying that a standard PD stands a chance against a remapped S3. Did you know that in a staightline (standard) the 130pd is faster than the 140pd... I can't say how I know this. lol
    You can alter the way a tdi delivers the power (torque), but having said that, I am generally speaking about standard cars NOT mapped ones.

Care to test your theory? I know a nice private road if you don't live too far from me? Infact... even if you do, I get better fuel economy, I can drive to you if you like

I hope this isn't turning into a "my toy is better than yours thread".

People! What about the trackday? anyone keen?
    LOL Id be happy to meet you on a private road. You can drive as said though. what theory are you on a bout anyway ? That i would leave a tdi van for dust? As i would. As for your car with 30bhp more. I rekon while leaving you spinning your wheels i wouldnt have a problem in testing my theory againts you :D Well unless youve got quattro yourself then itll be a different story But not too different id still end up victorious
    Last edited by emery1990; 14th February 2010 at 19:55.
    Its gone replaced with a mk2 golf gti 16v :D

TDi? Liberties!

Status
    @Emery1990

What exactly is your car? 150bhp TQS? You don't stand a chance... Dream on son. lol Joke
    2001 A3 1.9tdi 130pd (Aka "Osama Bin Diesel") 130bhp 310NM = PMSL
    Done:

EGR switched off using vag.com. Full no expenses spared service. Refurb Gearbox, new clutch/flywheel.
    In the works:
    Mk II TT Steering wheel (No Airbag), vag.com switchable 3 stage map. Big brake kit. Hybrid turbo.

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    TQS is 180bhp
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

TDi? Liberties!

Status
    I learn something new everyday... lol (hand/face moment)

TBH, aswell as my lack of knowledge on the petrol motored cars, this shows my ignorance... I never once considered a petrol turbo while looking around for my car.

I read that the TQS also just about manages 25-30mpg max? I would be in tears everytime I filled up if that's the case. ROFL.
    2001 A3 1.9tdi 130pd (Aka "Osama Bin Diesel") 130bhp 310NM = PMSL
    Done:

EGR switched off using vag.com. Full no expenses spared service. Refurb Gearbox, new clutch/flywheel.
    In the works:
    Mk II TT Steering wheel (No Airbag), vag.com switchable 3 stage map. Big brake kit. Hybrid turbo.

5th Gear

Status
    LOL I wouldnd of said it if i had the 150bhp version 20bhp aint nothin to be swearing my life on!. As does most turbo cars tbh have a mpg of around 30 mark thats the only thing desiels are better for though lol. Desiels dont do it for me i like revs. i sees them as more of a cruising car for overtaking people but then getting showed up as they run out of puff.. They arnt slow though im not saying that :D just all torque!
    Its gone replaced with a mk2 golf gti 16v :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12