Chasing Up Service History??

Reaction score
hi everyone! My brother has lost the service history for his audi... :applaus:

whats the best way of finding the service history?? (i.e - if it was serviced by a main dealer - do they keep records ect??)

any help would be much appreciated :)

If the service(s) were carried out by an Audi dealership, I would imagine that they would have a record of it on their system. I know you can buy new service history books from dealerships, perhaps a friendly dealership will print off the service history too? Atleast that way the service history book will have some sort of verification of the way it has been looked after that way.

I managed to do the same on my old car, a MKII Golf GTI, unbeknown to me it had dealer service history to 99K, the dealership printed off a sheet showing the service intervals and any major repairs (clutch change, power steering replacement etc) which I attached to my new service history book, not as fancy as a fully stamped book but proof none the less.

Whether it's stamped in the book or on a printed out sheet, from experience I would still double check personally with a dealer to confirm what I am looking at is accurate.

Good news! ive managed to chase up som history so far! 2nd owner did the 35k @ 6/4/04 service, 45k @ 9/8/05, and 55k @28/4/06 service all done at huddersfield audi. now i need to find out who did the services before 35k (1st owner)and after 55k (3rd owner).

presumably, the services done before that would have been done by the garage the audi was bought new at, any idea how i find that out???

hmm i tried this with my 99 a3. When i bought it with no history at all i got it fully serviced at Newton Abbot Audi and asked if they could retrieve info from their computers of any services that it may have had at a Audi garage however they said their system doesn't allow it and you would have to know which Audi garage it was, bloudy useless! Best bet mate is to chase up the previous owners and ask i'm afraid. You maybe lucky and the number plate will tell you which Audi garage first licensed the vehicle, there are a variety of small numbers on the plate and sometimes even the name of the garage! Let me know how you get on, i couldn't be bothered to go down that route.