Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    sam4191's Avatar
    If In doubt, Flat out!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Highcliffe, Dorset
    Posts
    399

    What do you guys think?

    hi guys, sorry to be a pain, but I posted an "A3 or S3?" thread a few weeks ago.

    Since then, been over and over in my head... latest thing being me wanting an S2. But thinking they may be a bit old and I dont really have the funds for a nice one.

    Anyway, saw this today, just wondering what you guys thought of it? I was pleasently suprised at the condition of it.

    the colour has grown on me, but am wondering about what too look out for on it, and is it over priced?

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

    The guy offered me 800-1000 for my car... so will not be p/xing!!!

    Also, as i havent driven one of these yet, how do they pull? And I'm getting about 20-22mph around town from my car, will it be much better in this? (fairly heavy footed)

    hope you can help!

    Thanks alot
    Sam


  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    9099's Avatar
    TDi? Liberties!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    122
    My first impression is that it is a little overpriced for the mileage... You are in 1.9tdi 130pd territory. But if the history is either full audi/ fully documented part specialist with reciepts then it looks really clean.

    Having said that, have you been on pistonheads?
    2001 A3 1.9tdi 130pd (Aka "Osama Bin Diesel") 130bhp 310NM = PMSL
    Done:

    EGR switched off using vag.com. Full no expenses spared service. Refurb Gearbox, new clutch/flywheel.
    In the works:
    Mk II TT Steering wheel (No Airbag), vag.com switchable 3 stage map. Big brake kit. Hybrid turbo.

  4. #3
    sam4191's Avatar
    If In doubt, Flat out!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Highcliffe, Dorset
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by 9099 View Post
    My first impression is that it is a little overpriced for the mileage... You are in 1.9tdi 130pd territory. But if the history is either full audi/ fully documented part specialist with reciepts then it looks really clean.

    Having said that, have you been on pistonheads?
    hmm... I haven't seen the history, but he said it's full audi history. I think I would try knock him down a few hundred squid.

    I have, but there's nothing on there within a reasonable distance. I went to see one before xmas, for the girlfriend, it had 68k, 1998 S reg, silver, 3695 and it wasn't in a greater condition as this one.


  5. #4
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    worcester
    Posts
    1,097
    looks like the dis maybe suffering from dead pixels, but cant really tell from the photos, may be just a didgey picture

    like the colour, i think the same though for the mileage its a tad pricey but im sure theres room for bargaining, as most people on here say about the value of a/s3's its only worth what you want to pay for it

  6. #5
    9099's Avatar
    TDi? Liberties!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    122
    Sorry for not coming back to reply sooner...

    Wait for the right car. They do come up, but typically last/first week of the month. With March being a plate change month the market will be flooded with cars. ;-)

    I would say wait, then jump on a cheap low mileage 130pd... IT IS FASTER than a 1.8t, the insurance is cheaper, and sips the juice like grandma drinks her tea. There is mega potential too...

    I am from the TDi brigade and I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said that TT's can't shake me off... I have a witness. LOL

    There is a lot more to the real world performance than the figures on paper suggest.
    Last edited by 9099; 8th February 2010 at 19:47.
    2001 A3 1.9tdi 130pd (Aka "Osama Bin Diesel") 130bhp 310NM = PMSL
    Done:

    EGR switched off using vag.com. Full no expenses spared service. Refurb Gearbox, new clutch/flywheel.
    In the works:
    Mk II TT Steering wheel (No Airbag), vag.com switchable 3 stage map. Big brake kit. Hybrid turbo.

  7. #6
    sam4191's Avatar
    If In doubt, Flat out!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Highcliffe, Dorset
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post
    looks like the dis maybe suffering from dead pixels, but cant really tell from the photos, may be just a didgey picture

    like the colour, i think the same though for the mileage its a tad pricey but im sure theres room for bargaining, as most people on here say about the value of a/s3's its only worth what you want to pay for it
    i think they were ok tbh, at the same time, didn't pay too much attention, mine are not great so, as long as it's as good then its ok. lol.
    thats true. lol! cheers

    Quote Originally Posted by 9099 View Post
    Sorry for not coming back to reply sooner...

    Wait for the right car. They do come up, but typically last/first week of the month. With March being a plate change month the market will be flooded with cars. ;-)

    I would say wait, then jump on a cheap low mileage 130pd... IT IS FASTER than a 1.8t, the insurance is cheaper, and sips the juice like grandma drinks her tea. There is mega potential too...

    I am from the TDi brigade and I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said that TT's can't shake me off... I have a witness. LOL

    There is a lot more to the real world performance than the figures on paper suggest.
    No worries mate,

    You have a very good point there. I do like the thought of the torque that a denzil produces, but I like the revs. of a petrol.

    I had a go against a leon cupra tdi on sat night. had 5 people on board (so didnt push it too far) and he was only just pulling away. but I dont think there would have been much in it if i had been lighter. Was suprised. Are the 130's the same power? also, how do you tell the difference between the 130 and the 110?


  8. #7
    A3Tom's Avatar
    Smell my finger.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    3,509
    Quicker than a 1.8T?, thats a bold statement when you look at the figures below...

    130 Tdi: 0 - 60 = 9.2
    1.8T: 0 - 60 = 8.2

    It may feel quicker due to the huge wallop of mid range grunt you'll feel but once it runs out of puff the pertrol will see it off. If they did a 150bhp Tdi like they did in the Golf then that would be another story as they are knock for knock.

    Anyway, back on topic..the car in the link has no leather, is pre facelift and has rocket ship miles IMO for the cash they're asking for. There are newer examples with less miles on out there for similar if not less cash.

    T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

  9. #8
    Dani_B19's Avatar
    Audi-sports own special child.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barnsley
    Posts
    7,174
    Tbh mate that is a total rip off, look around, there are miles better examples.

    Btw a 130 tdi a3 is not a patch on a 1.8t a3.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

  10. #9
    Terrier QTS's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leek, Staffordshire
    Posts
    42
    As has been said, there's tonnes of good'uns out there. Wait for a bit and get the one you really want.

    My old A3 1.8T could easily pull away from a 130tdi, in fact it was only marginally slower than my TQS when it was in standard form. However, a tdi going from 60 to 90 (on private roads of course ) is damn quick!
    2001 A3 TQS - Custom Code Phase 1 - Silicone TIP- Supersport Springs, Shocks and Top Mounts - Powerflexed front end - HIDs - 18" TTV6's **FOR SALE**


  11. #10
    A3Tom's Avatar
    Smell my finger.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    3,509
    Yep, get a TDI in the power band and it wallops power in. The issue is that the area in the rev range where it produces that power is very small where as the 1.8T spreads it out a bit!.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

  12. #11
    sam4191's Avatar
    If In doubt, Flat out!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Highcliffe, Dorset
    Posts
    399
    Ok, thanks guys, there's that one sorted then. lol!

    thanks alot for your help!!! Will continue on my search. thanks again!


  13. #12
    A3Tom's Avatar
    Smell my finger.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    3,509
    There's a lad at work selling a totally standard facelift A3 1.8TQS, I think its on about 100K miles but I'll see how much he's after for it. Its got climate, leather and BOSE etc so its a nice one, I'll see what he wants for it. Its totally standard and its a tidy car (he's into detailing) and it looks really nice (its black)

    Can ask the question if you like?

    T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

  14. #13
    sam4191's Avatar
    If In doubt, Flat out!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Highcliffe, Dorset
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    There's a lad at work selling a totally standard facelift A3 1.8TQS, I think its on about 100K miles but I'll see how much he's after for it. Its got climate, leather and BOSE etc so its a nice one, I'll see what he wants for it. Its totally standard and its a tidy car (he's into detailing) and it looks really nice (its black)

    Can ask the question if you like?

    T
    Sounds pretty nice, yeh, as long as you don't go out of your way. lol! TBH, I'm only really looking to spend 3200 max.

    Thanks for the offer!

    Sam


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO